Question about Akai PTH5498 54" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
Tips for a great answer:
the main menu choose "Parental Controls;" it's option six.
the first option, V-Chip TV Rating Limit, and using the arrow keys and the OK
button on the remote, scroll through until the TV-MA rating appears. Press the
right arrow button to move the highlight over to the "Status" field
and toggle to "View." Press the OK button. This will set the
age-based ratings to Mature.
the Parental Controls menu, select the second option, V-Chip Movie Ratings
Limit and change the rating to TV_MA and the "Status" to
the Parental Controls menu select the third option, V-Chip Unrated Program
Block and select item one, which will be "View."
the fourth option, which is "Channel Block." Highlight the Channel
field and using the channel up and down buttons, go through and check they are
all set to 'View." Any set to "Block" will need to be toggled
back to View.
Lock the controls to activate the changes using item six on the "Parental Controls" menu. If you wish more details abut RCA TV unlock proceedings, check this site.
The Setup menu allows you to access the GUIDE Plus+ system setup information. To access the
1. If the GUIDE Plus+ system isn't on your screen, press GUIDE on your remote control.
2. Press MENU to select the Menu Bar.
3. Use the right arrow to highlight the Setup menu selection.
4. Use the up and down arrows to select Change system settings, Review options, or
• Change system settings Confirms the settings you completed in the GUIDE Plus+
system setup are correct.
• Review options Displays the GUIDE Plus+ system auto display options.
On Automatically displays the GUIDE Plus+ system when you press the ON•OFF
button on the remote control.
Off Disables the GUIDE Plus+ system from being displayed when you press the
ON•OFF button on the remote control.
• View demo Runs the GUIDE Plus+ system demonstration
Note: If you have not completed your GUIDE Plus+ system setup, these options will not be available. A
screen will prompt you to complete your setup.
Getting In & Out of the GUIDE Plus+ System
To enter the GUIDE Plus+ system:
• Press GUIDE on the remote.
• Press and hold MENU for 2 seconds on the front panel.
To exit the GUIDE Plus+ system:
• Highlight a program and press OK to exit the GUIDE Plus+ system and tune
to the channel.
• Press GUIDE to exit the GUIDE Plus+ system and tune to the channel
displayed in the video window.
• Press CLEAR to exit the GUIDE Plus+ system and return to the original
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: