- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
TI calculators have an annoying habit of dimming the screen when the batteries are changed so that it appears as if the calculator isn't turning on. Turn the calculator on (or at least press the ON key). Press and release the 2ND key. Press and hold the Up-arrow key for a few seconds and see whether the screen becomes legible.
I also hope you let the calculator dry out thoroughly before replacing the batteries.
Turn the calculator on. Press and release the 2ND button. Press and hold the up-arrow button to increase the screen contrast. If you go too far, use the 2ND and down-arrow buttons to decrease the contrast.
First off, are you sure that the battery is charged? It is definitely possible that spilling orange juice on it messed it up, but it might be all right.
Assuming the battery is charged, it is likely that the spill caused some internal damage. When you spilled on it, did you open the battery door, take the battery out, and allow the the camera to air-dry completely before turning it on? If you didn't, it is almost surely fried. If you didn't allow it to air-dry, it is likely that there was residual moisture and liquid on the internal components, and when you powered it on you likely messed them up. This is really a repair that is not worth paying for, as the cost of a new camera would be much cheaper.
If water was spilled in it, the batteries should have been removed immediately, if you could remove the circuit board from the casing, dry it off and place it under a lamp for a few hours it should have been perfectly fine. If a soft drink, sugar base or other substance was spilled in it; the board would need to be cleaned, a small amount of soap and water can work, use a cotton swab, only clean the affected area of the spill, make sure to rinse all the soap off, dry with towel, then place under a lamp to get all the moisture out. Also make sure you clean the bottom side of the buttons that contact the circuit board. If it doesn't work then you may have to buy another unit.
this is what i think you mean, if i diss-understood you (thought you mean something else) im sorry, then i dont know what to do thats when you set your ti 84+ screen to very dark. this is how to solve it: go and open mirage OS, and then just press the "-" (minus) button. the screen should get lighter.
I just had the same problem with my calculator. Only the On button worked, but nothing else. So I plugged in my calculator to my computer and I reinstalled the latest OS (2.43 I think). That didn't do anything, so I reinstalled OS version 2.22, a very old one. That made my calculator work! I think there is a problem with the 2.43 OS. I haven't tried upgrading my calculator any higher than 2.22. I'm sure 2.30 could work. Good luck. If anyone needs help in installing a new OS, I can help you.
I had the same problem happen to me. What I did was carefully take the calculator apart using a T-10 Torx screwdriver to remove the back cover. I then used a compressed air can and blew air into all the crevices and holes in the calculator. I was able to dry almost all of the soda the spilled, however some of the soda dried and turned into somewhat of a sticky mess. I was able to carefully wipe the sticky parts clean with a tissue. After doing all of that my calculator worked perfect.
You broke it.
The biggest mistake people make after spilling liquids onto electronic devices is to try and turn it on to see if it still works. You should remove the battery and not try to turn on a device until it has had several days of dry warm air around it to ensure all moisture is removed from the electronic parts.
I would guess that if you spilled juice on it and it will now not turn on or respond in any way that unit will need to be returned to the manufacturer for repair. Even if it is in warranty they will know it has been "misused" and not honor the warranty. The HDD should be ok but most likely a PCB has died.
You could try the accidental damage cover of your household insurance.