- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
( 76 Heater harness disconnected or broken. Or heater thermistor harness disconnected or broken when the power is turned on, the front cover is opened and closed, or the machine exits from the sleep mode. ) ( 77 Power turned off and on at the occurrence of error 76 or 78. ) ( 78 Heater thermistor short-circuited. Or heater thermistor harness disconnected or broken when the machine is on standby. )
Error #77 refers to a mechanical problem, but I'd say about 7 times out of 10 it's a mistake. Fortunately, Brother fax machines have override commands :). Try this:
1. Turn the power off and unplug the power source. 2. Press and hold the menu button and plug in the power source (don't let go of the menu button!). 3. Hold the menu button for 5 seconds after plugging in the power source. 4. Release the menu button and press "91" 5. If the screen still shows the error code, press "99".
Hopefully this will override the error and you can get back to work :) .
The 77 error is caused by a fuser temperature sensor. The following steps can be used to possibly reset the Intellifax 4100 77 error.
1. Unplug machine then wait 15-20 minutes. 2. Hold down menu key. Plug in machine. 3. Release menu key at maintenance message. 4. press 91 then set button 5. press 99 then set button 6. Machine will warm up. 7. Press Reports key, then press 1. This will test if the machine can print.
If these steps do not reset the error the thermal fuse would have to be replaced by a repair technician.
the fuser unit (fixing unit) not registering heat requirement. The heat roller or the thermistor sensor is defective.Remove fuser and check roller, if good replace sensor, reinstall fuser and reset machine.
related to a fuser error. Unit is detecting a too high or low heat internally. Try turning off for a few minutes. If error returns check voltage level at outlet or try a different outlet. Maybe too many items plugged in same outlet. If error returns, may need new fuser or thermistor.