Question about RCA Lyra RD2765 MP3 Player
My MP3 player turns on, shows the initial RCA screen, shows the initial boot scren and then shows boot error and shuts down. It displays either "USB connected" or "Safe to disconnect" when plugged into my computer. How do I get this thing to stay on? It is NOT found in the RCA tech support website AT ALL. Thanks!
Connect lyra to computer
go to my computer on your start menu
lyra will show up on other devices or portable devices
double click on the lyra icon
this will bring up another lyra icon right click on that
go down to the option format and select that
you will lose all of your music
solved my problem two hours after it started
Posted on May 13, 2008
Return it to any rca vendor with the proof of purchase.
Posted on Nov 09, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Restoring RCA M4304A Recorder Firmware
Symtom: recorder shows OPAL splash screen, then shows "profiling requires20mb of free space, shutting down" and then shuts down. Recorder cannot be accessed by windows or the RCA easyrip software.
Solution: Use the firmware update found here: http://www.voxxsupport.com/images/downloads/OPAL_066F_85A4_85A5_0_1140_SIG.EXE
This update needs to be ran on an xp computer running 32 bitOS. It was tested in a Win 7 64bitmachine and proven to not work.
Necessary steps taken to get the firmware to properlyrestore were as follows:
1. Hold in the power (menu) button for 10 seconds(the splash screen will show and it will give the error message, ignore it)
2. While still holding the power button, press theplay/pause button and hold down.
3. Release the power button while still holdingdown the play/pause button and wait 5 seconds.
4. While still holding the play/pause button plugin the usb cable to the recorder. Continue to hold the play/pause button foranother 5 seconds after plugging the cable in.
5. Release the play pause button then launch theEXE for the firmware update. Minimize the instruction screen so you can see thefull update screen.
6. Leave the format checkbox checked (check it ifit isn't checked) formatting is crucial to this working.
7. Once the status in the update window changesfrom initializing to ready click start to update the recorder. It will go through formatting, then updating.
8. Once the status shows complete disconnect therecorder and with any luck the recorder is usable again. The media files will obviously have to bereloaded, but the recording is functional at least.
Sep 21, 2010 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Mar 15, 2009 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Jan 17, 2009 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Dec 26, 2008 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Oct 24, 2008 | RCA OPAL M4001 MP3 Player
Dec 06, 2007 | RCA Lyra RD2765 MP3 Player
Oct 26, 2007 | RCA Lyra RD2765 MP3 Player
484 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!