Open following link to identify your timerhttp://waterheatertimer.org/Woods-timers-and-manuals.html#Timex
1) Don't expect the timer to turn on the TV picture.
I have my TV plugged into power strip.
Each night the power strip is off. When power strip resumes next day,
the TV is READY to be turned on with the remote control. The picture does not pop up when the power strip goes on.
Same is true for timer.
Try your power strip and see if picture turns on after power strip is turned off-on.
Timer will work same as on-off switch on power strip.
2) Is the power strip interfering with timer?
Plug timer directly into wall outlet and see what happens.
Add a comment and let others know what happened.
3) Battery: Timer requires 2-hours for initial battery charge.
Battery back-up protects programs when power is off.
I don't know if battery is made for repeated on-offs if you turn off power strip each night.
These batteries are not replaceable however timer has 1 year limited warranty.
4) Plug lamp into timer and see if timer operates lamp. This will say if TV electronics are interfering with timer operation.
5) Load: This timer says it is for appliances, which implies it should be rated typical 15A 1800 watt
Absolutely feel obligated to upvote the help.
Or take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on timer or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.