Well the dreaded waste ink absorber just started popping up today - Is there a reset code for pixma mp500? have searched most threads here and cant find this specific model. please help asap as this is my money maker! how much should it really cost to get this thing replaced and is it worth it? i dont even think this thing is a year old, is this covered under warranty? Thanks in advance for anybody's help!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: waste ink absorber -mp500
Service mode operation procedures
1) With the machine power turned off, while pressing the Stop/Reset button, press and hold the ON/OFF button.
(DO NOT release the buttons. The COPY LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the ON/OFF button, release the Stop/Reset button. (DO NOT release the ON/OFF button.)
3) While holding the ON/OFF button, press the Stop/Reset button 2 times, and then release both the ON/OFF and
Stop/Reset buttons. (Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the Alarm LED and COPY button light
alternately, Alarm in orange and COPY in green, starting with Alarm LED.)
4) When the COPY button lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button 4 times. (Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the Alarm LED and COPY
button light alternately, Alarm in orange and COPY in green, starting with Alarm LED.)
5) Press the ON/OFF button 2 times.
You're good to go!
Bear in mind that if the ink absorber is full then you risk getting ink everywhere!
Please update the question & let us know if the information given was useful to you - Good Luck!
We replaced the waste ink absorber pads on our Canon MP500 using a kit purchased on Amazon (did not include any diagrams or instructions, but it worked). After that was done, we used the instructions on this page to remove the error code. Very helpful!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
i believe on this model the error code means that the ink tank is full...
this is a link to my hosting site where you can download the software reset tool for a the MP models...
To reset waste ink counter at printers canon pixma MP150, MP160, MP170, MP180, MP450 and MP460 there any 2 choice, that is :
Start with printer on then run this software
Click Reset Main (main) to reset waste ink counter and then click Reset Platen button (additional)
Additional information error codes for the MP models... E2-2 = No paper (ASF) E3-3 = Paper jam E4 = No ink E5-5 = The ink cartridges are not installed or a non-supported ink cartridge is installed, or the ink cartridges are not installed properly E8 = Waste ink absorber full, or platen waste ink absorber full E9 = The connected digital camera / video camera does not support Camera Direct Printing E14 = The Ink cartridges whose destination are wrong E15 = Ink cartridge is not installed E16 – Ink remaining is unknown E16 -E19 = Failed to scan head alignment sheet E22 = Carriage error E23 = Paper feed error E24 = Purge unit error E25 = ASF(cam) sensor error E26 = Internal temperature rise error E27 = Waste ink absorber full or platen waste ink absorber full E28 = Ink cartridge temperature rise error - E29 = EEPROM error E33 = Paper feed position error E35 15 = USB Host VBUD overcurrent error – USB E37 17 = Abnormal motor driver error E40 20 = Other hardware error E42 22 = Scanner error
may the error code or how many blinking can solve your problem
this is the list of error code
How to clear Error Code Canon printers MP150 MP160 CANNON Printers MP150/MP160 ERROR CODE E2-2 No paper (ASF) E3-3 Paper jam E4 No ink E5-5 The ink cartridges are not installed or a non-supported ink cartridge is installed , or the ink cartridges are not installed properly E8 Waste ink absorber full, or platen waste ink absorber full
E9 The connected digital camera / video camera does not support Camera Direct Printing E14 The Ink cartridges whose destination are wrong E15 Ink cartridge is not installed E16 - Ink remaining is unknown E16 -E19 Failed to scan head alignment sheet E22 Carriage error E23 Paper feed error E24 Purge unit error E25 ASF(cam) sensor error E26 Internal temperature rise error E27 Waste ink absorber full or platen waste ink absorber full E28 Ink cartridge temperature rise error - E29 EEPROM error E33 Paper feed position error E35 15 USB Host VBUD overcurrent error - USB E37 17 Abnormal motor driver error E40 20 Other hardware error E42 22 Scanner error
try this methode
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button. 2) When the Power LED is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button. 3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting formenu selection) 4) When the LED lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.) The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off 1 time Orange Service pattern print 2 times Green EEPROM print 3 times Orange EEPROM reset 4 times Green Waste ink counter reset See waste ink counter reset procedures below. 5 times Orange Destination setting See Destination setting procedures below. 6 times Green Print head deep cleaning 11 times Orange Button / LCD checking 12 or more times Returns to a menu selection
I don't belive there is a reset device for the MP500 tanks. However, when you get the empty error message, just follow the instructions about pressing OK as many times as it asks for (I think it is four time). At that point, you can continue to use the cartridges. The printer will no longer keep track of the ink level. You will have to do that yourself. But, you can continue to use the printer with all colors.