Question about Philips Magnavox 13MT143S 13" TV
There is nothing you can do, as this is how this set works. You will need to get a new set if you want the other stations.Good Luck.
Posted on Aug 31, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
As new services are broadcast, it will be necessary to
re-tune the television in order to view them.
Auto Tuning will completely re-tune the television
and can be used to update the channel list. It is
recommended that Auto Tuning is run periodically to
ensure that all new services are added. All current
channels and settings, i.e. locked channels, will be
 Select the SETUP from the main menu by using
Up or Down buttons. Press OK and Setup menu
will be displayed.
 Select the Installation from the Setup menu
by using Up or Down buttons. Press OK and
Installation menu will be displayed.
]3] Select Automatic Channel Scan from the Installation
menu by using Up or Down buttons and press OK.
A screen will appear warning that previous digital
programmes and settings will be deleted. Select Yes
and press OK to continue with the Auto tuning.
The television will start to search for all available
stations.You must allow the television to complete
the search. When the search is complete the Auto
tuning screen will display the total number of
* After search is completed for digital channels, a
message asking whether to search for analogue
channels appears on the screen
** Press the OK button to search for analogue
channels. The following menu appears on the screen
for analogue channel search
Programming channels automatically
Your TV can automatically detect all active channels and store them in
its memory. After the TV has stored the channels in its memory automatically,
you can add or erase channels manually.
To add channels automatically:
1. Press MENU, then press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to display the SETUP menu.
2. Press "Up arrow"or "down arrow" until the TV/CABLE
selection is highlighted.
3. Press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to highlight either
TV or CABLE, depending on which you use.
If you use an antenna, choose TV.
If you use cable, choose CABLE.
4. Press "down arrow" button until the CH PROGRAM selection is highlighted.
5. Press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to start channel programming. The TV will automatically
cycle through all the TV or Cable channels (depending on which you
selected), and store all active channels in the channel memory.
While the TV is cycling through the channels, the message
"PROGRAMMING NOW-PLEASE WAIT" appears.
6. When channel programming is complete, the message "COMPLETED"
7. Press CH UP or DOWN button to view the programmed channels.
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: