Disc read errors are mainly due to worn out lens or dirty PS2
lens.Clean your PS2 lens to get rid of this problem if your lens is
dirty.Watch this video it will help you to know how to clean your PS2
lens.Watch it carefully.
Remember to keep your PS2 in Dust free environment if you don't want your PS2 lens to get dirty.
If your PS2 can not play certain games like Rock band try this tip:
- Turn on your PS2 without inserting any disc.
- Menu screen will appear like:
- Press the (triangle) Button to enter Version Information Menu that looks like
- Highlight the Play Station Driver as above and again press (triangle).
- New screen will appear like
- Highlight the Disc Speed as above and press button,to enter Disc Speed Menu
- And set it from Standard to "Fast".
- After you set Disc Speed to Fast, Press and Hold Reset Button to turn off your console.
- Then again Press and Hold Reset Button till the Blue Light turns on.
- Remove the Reset Button and Press it again.
And after that wait till your game is loaded.
Click here to view full tip.