Can any one offer a solution to this annoying problem? I have a Gigabeat S running 3.0 firmware and have just updated my PC to Windows Vista Untimate with MS Media Player 11.0.
When I install Gigabeatroom, all goes well and both the Gigabeat and PC shows up in the interface.
However, if I close the program (gigabeatroom) and restart it, the Gigabeat is not recognised.
If anyone can either:
Give me some advice on how to get gigabeat room to work with Vista.
Let me know how to connect MS MEdia player to the GIGABEAT
..... I'd be forever grateful!!
I hate to say it, but nothing can be done about your situation. I am having the same problem. It is a fight between Microsoft and Apple. I even own a new Toshiba laptop and can't even use my gigabeat with it. What a huge slap in the face. I don't understand why the technology world work with one another to make consumers happy. Sorry for the bad news
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error usually happens when the firmware has been corrupted or deleted. The easiest way to correct this is by updating the firmware. You may also try to restore the firmware data by following the steps below.
1. Connect the gigabeat to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Start Explorer on the PC.
3. Open the folder in which the gigabeat room is installed. --> The folder in which the gigabeat room is installed can be opened by clicking [Start] [All Programs] [TOSHIBA gigabeat room 2.0] [gigabeat room 2.0 Program Folder]. Usually, the folder will be found in C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\gigabeat room 2.0.
4. If you can't find the folder, please go inside the gigabeat then click on [tools], [folder option], go to [view tab] then select [show hidden files and folders].
5. Now, inside the gigabeat root, copy a folder named "GBSYSTEM" located in the folder that was opened in Step 3.
6. Use "Safely Remove Hardware" and disconnect the gigabeat.
hi there, looks like the player is asking for a firmware update.perhaps u accidentally erased parts of it beforehand and now it is a bit on the blind side.. nevermind, get the latest firmware(gigabeat room 3.0) here: http://www.toshiba.co.th/download/support.html
and find more info on the giga here:
(choose the program fitting your windows version!)
hi i had the same problem and updated gigabeat room to version 3 , not the actual gigabeat just its pc software , and it seems to work ok most of the time but only if i load gigabeat watcher after plugging in my player . hope this helps ,i emailed toshiba uk but they told me that they have no intention of updating the players firmware ,
the solution is simple. Simply Run both Gigabeat watcher and giga-room programs as administrator if u have windows vista.
How to do this :
Click on start in the taskbar at the bottom right of your screen,
then click on all programs,
then click on the Toshiba Gigaroom Folder,
then right click Gigabeat watcher and click on "Run as Administrator"
then right click "Gigaroom" and click on Run as Administrator
and then look in the bottom right of the taskbar, the little Gigabeat watcher symbol should be there with a green square instead of grey. If its green then it means Vista has recognised your gigabeat and u can now transfer music to it via gigaroom. i hope this helps people as i was on the verge of buying XP myself again... Peace all and HAPPY GIGABEATIN!