- As with nearly ALL sansa e250 problems, formating it will bring it back to normal.
1. Connect it to your computer.
2. Open 'My Computer' and right-click the device.
3. choose 'format...' and then 'quick format'.
4. If you haven't done so, upgrade the firmware:
-Find the firmware on the Sandisk home page.
Don't use the wrong one, though. If you have a Rhapsody version, choose the e200r player. Download the .zip file and extract its contents (right-click, 'extract all'). Then connect your player to your computer and drag the extracted file to your player's drive. Now when you turn your player on, it'll undergo the firmware update.
You can also update your firmware by connecting to Rhapsody with your player hooked up and following the firmware update instructions when the window comes up. If the firmware update window doesn't appear, then you have the latest firmware to date.
5. Test out the player and see if this method worked. If not, you may want to send it back sandisk or return to the retailer you bought it from.