Did you try both cartridges? Sometimes a fried circuit on the color cartridge will cause a out of ink on the black even when the black is new. Double check that you are using the correct cartridge for the printer. and look at the copper/gold contacts in the printer where the cartridge goes. look for dried ink or tears. Clean with a Q-tip dipped in water. CAREFULLY. If it's torn.... enjoy your trip to walmart.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is the problem of cartridge mostly. You may need to replace the cartridges. Check the cartridges and make sure that the cartridges are not blank or not get the ink dry. Clean the printing head 2-3 times. Align the cartridges and clean the nozzles also.
Reset your printer and remove all pending print job.
If it doesn't solve your problem then replace the cartridges.
The HP series of printers you have can be finiky when cartridges are swapped. Use an old toothbrush to very gently clean the contacts behind both ink cartridges. Carefully wipe off the contact strip on the back of each cartridge. repeat this till the cartridges are properly detected. close the lid after each attempt!
1. Make sure the printer is on and open the printer cover
2. Make sure the printer is paused and the output tray at the front of the printer is lowered
3. Hold down the cleaning button for three seconds until the print head
moves slightly to the cartridge replacement position, and the power
light flashes when the print head is in position. Do not move the print
head by hand, it will be damaged
4. Lift up the clamp that holds the cartridge you want to replace as far as it will go.
5. The cartridge will rise partly out of the cartridge holder. For
black ink replacement, lift up only the smaller clamp on the left.
6. Lift the cartridge out of the printer and dispose of it properly.
7. Remove the cartridge from its protecting bag. Remove only the yellow
tape seal from the cartridge. The yellow tape seal must be removed.
Leaving the tape on when you install the cartridge will permanently
damage it. Do not remove the tape seal from the bottom of the
cartridge.Otherwise ink will leak.
8. Lower the ink cartridge into the cartridge holder with the label on
the cartridge face up and the arrow on the cartridge pointing to the
rear of the printer.
9. Press the ink cartridge clamp down until it locks in place. Do not press the cartridge itself.
10. Press the cleaning button. The printer moves the print head and
begins charging the ink delivery system. This process may take a few
minutes to complete. The power light continues to flash while the
printer performs the ink charging operation.
11. Never turn off the printer while this light is flashing. Doing so
can result in incomplete charging of ink. Even if you do not press the
cleaning button, the printer moves the print head and begins the ink
charging process about 60 seconds after you replace the ink cartridge.
12. When the ink charging procedure is finished, close the printer cover.
This happens when the connections on the cartridge get old. Especially when you refill or buy non HP Cartridges, try buying brand new hp cartridges and you might be able to get a couple refill out of them before this happens again.