Newly purchased Belkin Surf N300 wireless router. connected my wife's Windows 7 laptop just fine - quick and easy (in fact using it now). Went to connect my XP netbook - connects wirelessly to router...
There will be a lot of possible reasons on that, might be the wireless settings of your computer , you may try to remove all the old networks saved in your laptop and try connecting to it again,heres how
1. locate the wireless icon at the lower right hand corner of your laptop
2. Click on View available wireless settings
3. Click on Change advance Settings on the left side
4. You will have a small window with 3 tabs, one is general but just look for wireless tab
5. Box below you will see the list of the wireless name that was saved .
6. Delete everything, then make sure you apply it if there is or clicking on OK will do
7.Then try connecting again and make sure your password is correct.
or it might be your security application, try checking it and see if there's need to change especially if you got norton installed in your computer, try uninstalling and reinstalling it.