- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
remove all possible [parts, battery, back cover, sim card, memory card and other things you can open using a special screw driver, let it dry several days or use a hair dryer on cool settings until determined everything is dry.
As for the battery, let is dry under the hot sun before attempting to put it back in the phone.
after that make a simple power on test, if it works, you are in luck, otherwise consider your phone completely water damaged and will not be accepted for repair due to the red water damage mark indicator.
Try this :
Bring a hair dryer ,then remove your battery and sim card,then turn the hair dryer on (the hot air)
make the hair dryer focus on the phone from the battery side becuase there are some holes wich the
hot air can get inside the mobile and dry the mobile hard ware.
Make the hair dryer focus on the mobile for 5 minutes but be careful and make a distance between
the hair dryer and between the mobile to avoid damage the plastic mobile case becuase of hot air.
After five minutes turn the hair dryer off and wait until the mobile gets cold,then turn it on
This way is effective 50% to 90 %
If your mobile worked that means congratulations.
If it worked but not 100% that means there is improvement and keep drying it by the hair dryer as
i explained before,,,every dry for 5 minutes only.
But if it doesnt work at all ...that means your mobile needs a hardware repair and you have to send
it to a mobile repair store.
With the heat on, you may have burnt something inside. Whenever you get your phone wet, always remove the battery and SIM immediately and use the hair dryer without heat. Just plain dry cold air. Blow air into it for a very long time to remove all traces of water. Then power on the phone. It may work. You still may have a chance to save your phone. Do blow air through the phone.
1st thing is DO NOT try to power up the phone. Remove the battery and SIM card (if equipped). Let the phone set up for a few days to dry out. You can you use a hair dryer too but I still recommend letting it air dry for a few days (at least 3). Note: You may start to notice the phone acting strange (i.e. power cycling, keys not responding etc.) after a few weeks or months. This will be due to corrosion building up on the inside. So if you do manage to get it to work, back up any information that you don't want to lose because it may not come back on the next time you shut it off.
Yikes, try the old standby- remove the battery, sim card, memory card, and get out a hair dryer. Set it on low and carefully blow warm air into every nook and cranny of the phone for about 5 mins. Then blowit on everything else as well- attery, sim. memory card. Placed everything on a towel for 48 hours or so, pray a lot, and 2 days later put everything back together. Change up the battery to the max, before you turn it on for the first time, and pray one more time. If you're lucky everything should have dried out nicely, and the phone will work. Do not under any circumstances try to turn on the phone unless it is thoroughly dried out, because water and electricity just don't mix.
1 pull the battery and sim out and dry immediately this normally shorts out or gets hot burning up the battery and the phone also Do Not Plug Phone Into Charger Or Other Cables you are asking for trouble if you do this IT WILL SHORT OUT 2 dry out by leaving all covers off and open the phone up as much as possible 3 you can put it under a hair dryer Be Careful this can damage your phone as well don't get it too hot and don't blow it into the phone too hard you will only push water around making problems worse in other words a gentle heat is ok don't blast with air. the best method ive found is to place in front of an air conditioner like a window unit these things will pull moisture out like a sponge without the heat in the summer this is the best method I have found and have had some success with.. do not put battery or sim in your phone until it is completely dry that means give it a day or two after trying these methods to just sit then install your sim & battery if it boots. consider yourself the luckiest person in the world water and moister even from sweat if you carry your phone in your pocket kills phones quicker than anything and very few are able to recover from it.
I was cleaning the pool when my LG Vu took a dive. I fished it out in about 2 minutes...should have jumped in and it would have been in only seconds.....anyway. Dried it off with my shirt and pushed the lock button to unlock and see the screen...it was on but said Emergency Download. I took the battery out and dried it off also took out the SIM card and memory card. Shook the water out; some drips here and there, fortunately it wasn't water-logged. I let it sit for about an hour and got on the internet to find a remedy. I took advice to put back the memory and SIM cards and plug in to charger....the screen directed me to put in the battery....so far so good. The screen said the battery was charging. I waited patiently for that to finish. When complete, unhooked the charger and hit the unlock button again....what do you know the screen came up! I was estatic! But....the touch screen would not work!! Back on the internet for advice. Decided to do the hair dryer trick. I set the dryer on cool setting and let it blow on the screen. I also opened up the chargers portal and let air blow in there. I took the cover off the back to the battery and let it blow on there....being very careful not to let the battery fall out and not let the phone get hot. I did this for about 30 minutes. There was some fogging of the screen so I focused more on drying the screen with the dryer. The fog cleared up and when I touched the touch screen the top of the screen started working first...bottom still not responding...a little more of the dryer and all worked!!! Screen fogged again in about 20 minutes...dryed it again with dryer and it has been dry ever since. I have gone to every application, etc. on my phone and everything works just like it did before it took a dip! Hope this helps some of you! Key is patience, and some drying with TLC! Best of Luck!
I had the same problem!! This might help: 1. Take out the battery, SIM card, and memory card (if applicable). 2. Let the phone sit in the sun for a couple of days. 3. Put the SIM card back in the phone and plug the phone charger into the phone. 4. When prompted, insert the battery into the phone 5. When battery is fully charged, remove the charger and depress the call button simultaneously.
I tired this and the phone is now working!!! Also, I do not seem to have lost any of the features!