Cannot Print from Internet Explorer
Issue: Cannot Print from Internet Explorer
Symptoms : When you attempt to print a document or look at it in print preview, you may receive the following error message:
Error: Invalid argument.
Code: 0 URL: res://C:WINDOWSSYSTEMSHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg CAUSE : This issue can occur if the Iepeers.dll file is corrupted or is the incorrect version
Resolution: To resolve this issue, replace the Iepeers.dll file. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Restart the computer in MS-DOS mode or with a startup disk.
a. For Windows 98 and Windows 95 , click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart the computer in MS-DOS mode, and then click Yes.
b. For Windows Millennium Edition (Me), use a Windows Me startup disk and click Start Computer without CD-ROM Support.
For additional information about how to create a Windows Me startup disk, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
267287 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/267287/EN-US/) How to Create a Startup Disk in Windows Me
2. Type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:
ren IEPEERS.dll IEPEERS.old
3. Extract a new copy of the Iepeers.dll file to the WindowsSystem folder. You can extract the Iepeers.dll file from the following location:
The IE_5.cab cabinet file included with Internet Explorer 5.5 for Windows 98.
4. Register the Iepeers.dll file. To do this, click Start, point to Run, and then type the following line:
5. Click OK.
6. Restart your computer normally.