I was changing channels and the picture just slowly turned black ending with a white vertical line before complete going out. I tried to turn it back on and the tv won't come on, as if there was no power going to the tv. I tried plugging the tv into another outlet and I still could not turn on the tv. Is there some sort of reset button on the unit or has the tube gone bad? Please help. Thank you.
You does not mean about picture clarity before this problem occurs. Former the picture clarity is well and good means picture is not problem. There is a problem in horizontal deflection area.May be flyback transformer failure shows these type of problem. This service should be done by technical persons only.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi i have a 50" magnavox that has a problem, i was looking at several websites and i find out the dirfferent posibilities.
in your case i have 2 posibble answers.
1) negative image tv turns on and shots down in 2sec flashing pixels on screen dark image has sound but no video screen goes black and then return to normal picture vertical color lines on screen no video vertical color lines with video vertical bars on screen horizontal lines on the image picture goes red after while
IT COLUD BE (X or Y or Z SUSTAIN BOARDS )
2) just left part of screen working just right part of the screen is working vertical and horizontal lines on screen part of screen not working some functions not working no video but has sound functions not working at all
IT COULD BE (LOGIC CONTROL BOARD)
The easiest way I have found to set the screen controls is to tune into an old black and white show, turn the green up until you see retrace then slowly turn it down until it just dissapears then adjust the blue and red for a true black and white picture.
Do you have audio and if so can you change channels to hear other programs? If so ...you have a bad vertical IC. Have a tech turn up the screen control to see a white horizontal line. By your question I would say this will correct the problem.
One of your "X" buffer boards is defective. In Panasonic plasma tv's they are located at the bootom of the set and connect directly to the plasma diplay panel via a thin ribbon cable. The board you want to replace will be directly in line with the discolored vertival line in the picture. The part number is on the circuit board and usualy starts with "tnp..." or "txp..."
Hi, According to the symptoms, There is a problem in vertical out section.Just check it there must be a capacitor that has been burst or leak.And second one reason could be the malfunctioning of vertical IC.Which is also in the vertical section.
·http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-item.pl?news_id=24 ·Which models are affected with the "flicker" problem?
A1: There are 12 models in total: KDP57XBR2, KDP65XBR2, KP46WT500, KP51HW40, KP51WS500, KP57HW40, KP57WS500, KP57WV600, KP57WV700, KP65WS500, KP65WV600 and KP65WV700.