Danby dmw11536 my microwave oven start beeping all the time. i can start it if ipush the cancel button, ordinarely once but sometimes it won't start unless you unplug it. also disylay shows 1:00 but keep time of cooking anyway. after it returns to beeping all the time, sometime you have to leave it unplugged for a couple of hours. danby dmw11536
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Microwave Ovens Master
Re: danby microwave m # 1153
Quite often this is due to a bad door switch. Opening the door while cooking (without first hitting the STOP pad) is the primary cause of door switch failure.
If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info (as well as a text file which helps in diagnosing and repairing door switch problems) at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The turntable and the magnetron are two separate items and one should not impact the other. Since the other items are working it is doubtful that the fuse is bad. Also you need to know that the proper way to work on a microwave requires the use of special equipment to check for microwave leakage, it is not recommended to service them yourself.
My Belling BEL-CJ/SS25 Microwave / oven / grill has recently developed a problem. Every time I close the door the turntable starts rotating, even when I'm not using it. It doesn't make a noise, and doesn't seem to be going into any cooking setting, and the light doesn't come on, but it turns until I open the door, when the light comes on and the turntable stops turning. This has only recently started happening, and nothing else seems to be wrong with it, Is this safe or should I get rid of it and buy a new one. The guarantee has expired so repair may be cost prohibitive.
if everything works except the heating, it is most likely the mag tube is on its way out.........that is the most common reason for it not too cook.......since the microwave is a GE and it is 3.5 years old, i would say you are better off buying a new microwave, the mag tube starts at around $70.00 and up + the labor it costs too have a service person put it in........around another $60.00
if this is a counter top modle this is no problum, unplug it!!!
open door look for the light hole vents, ( that is where the bulb is )
you will need to unscrew the outer casing. noproblum there is nothing but reguler insalation in side and a area where the bulb is. replase it you can buy them at any hardware store,
if is a under cabinet there my be a axes door if not will need to take down,
hope this helps.
p.s. 1st time i that there was all kinds of things in side but not
Quite often this is due to a bad door switch.
Opening the door while cooking (without first hitting the STOP pad) is the primary cause of door switch failure, but it may also be a broken switch mount.
I have a text file called "doorsw.txt" which helps in diagnosing and repairing door switch problems, and a file called "safety.txt" which is of vital importance. It is at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your base model number (without the suffix) here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383 or at http://www3.sears.com
What's happening is you are activating one door switch a little before the other, and that is causing your light, fan, and turntable to come on.
The plastic parts are not perfectly rigid, so they flex a little when you press the button, and that causes the lag to be more apparent.
Even if you press the door open faster and look really close, you may notice the light, fan, and turntable coming on for a split second.
That's perfectly normal.
The relay on the control board must also be turned on before it will actually be cooking.