Question about Dell Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
This issue could be conflict of flees between HP software and the Operating System.
Disabling Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) in Windows XP will resolve the issue.
Please perform the below steps to resole the issue:
1. From the Window Desktop, click Start, and then click ControlPanel.
The Control Panel will open.
2. Double-click the Administrative Tools icon. The Administrative Tools window will open.
3. Double-click the Services icon. The Services window will open.
4. Double-click the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) icon. The Windows Image
Acquisition (WIA) Properties (Local Machine) windows will open.
5. On the General tab, click the drop-down arrow in the Start-up Type box and select Disabled.
6. Click Stop. A window will open with a message stating the service is being found.
When the message closes, verify the ServiceStatus displays Stopped. Repeat this step if necessary.
7. Click Apply, and then click OK.
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 17, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
May 19, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition...
Mar 03, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Jan 08, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition...
Jul 20, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition...
Jun 03, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Mar 28, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex 360 Desktop Computer
Mar 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 22, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Aug 17, 2013 | Dell Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: