Support site for the Zen V Plus, see:
In the knowledge base solutions Creative gives next answer, when the player does not power on or charge:
To resolve this problem, establish that the player is charging correctly as follows:
- Connect the player to a USB port on the back of a desktop PC, to a powered hub, or to a power adapter ( You can purchase the power adapter here as a separate accessory).
- Press the reset button and observe the player.
- Check the display for the charging icon .
- As the display times out after a few seconds, press any button on the player to reactivate the display.
- If the battery is fully depleted, the charging icon may not be displayed. Cup the player in your hands to check that the blue power LED behind the Play/Pause and Options buttons is glowing on and off repeatedly. This indicates that the player is successfully charging. After 1 hour of charging, power on the unit to activate the display. The charging icon should be displayed.
- Allow the player to charge for at least 6 hours. During this time, if charging from a USB port, please ensure your PC does not enter a power conservation mode (Standby, Sleep, or Hibernate) as this will interrupt charging.
Creative recommends updating your ZEN V or ZEN V Plus firmware to take advantage of new features and functionality. To learn more, visit SID 29048 in our "Further Suggestions".
If the player does not indicate a charge, or will not power on after at least 6 hours of charging, please contact Customer Support.
Reset pin on the left side with the player facing up.
Manual (Multilingual, 17,2 MB) for the Zen V Plus :