My computer recognizes the easycam, but whenever I tried to use it, the screen is black. Please help? (I tried re-installing it, but it didn't work).
PS I have Vista, so if anyone has a driver, I'd appreciate it.
This webcam was not designed for Vista --- it does not have the Vista chipset. Jasco has a potential workaround for this on their website. Go to www.jascoproducts.com, support and then click on Browse and Update Vista certified products. Go to the bottom of the page and you will see a PDF link. It's not a guaranteed fix, but it's worth a try.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you have to install the software driver of your webcam HO98063 on windows vista in order to work properly.......otherwise it will not work in windows vista........try this ......it will work 100%....i am a software engineer.....and i have experience in it......thats why i am suggesting you this idea..........
EasyCam Installation Instructions For Microsoft® Vista
1. If your computer is connected to the internet, you will have to disconnect
from internet temporarily until the installation is complete.
2. Insert the CD that came with your EasyCam
a. Do not install the driver
b. Close the ?Auto Run? window
3. Remove the sticker from the end of the USB plug on the camera and plug the
camera into an available USB plug.
4. ?Found New Hardware window will appear.
5. Select ?Locate and install drivers software (Recommended)?
6. A Permission Dialogue box may or may not appear, depending on the version and
security that is set up.
a. If the dialogue box appears, click ?Next?
b. If the dialogue box does not appear, perform step 7
7. Window?s dialogue box will appear, ?Insert the disc that came with your USB
Camera?, click ?Next?
8. Window?s dialogue box will appear, ?The software for this device has been
successful installed? click on ?Close?
9. A ?Power Frequency? dialogue box will appear, click ?NO?
10. Click on the start button
11. Click on ?Computer?
12. Open the ?Local Disc (C:)?
13. Open Program Files
14. Open VGA USB Camera
15. Double click on AMCAP
16. AMCAP will open into a screen displaying what the camera is focused on. If this
does not occur, follow the steps below.
a. Click on ?Capture?
b. Click on ?Start Capture?
c. If you still do not receive a picture, follow the steps below.
i. Click on ?Device?
ii. Make sure ?CIF USB Camera (2110A) is checked
iii. Check on ?Options?
iv. Make sure ?Preview? is checked
v. You should now be able to see what the camera is focused on.