Question about Motorola Mobility RAZR V3m Cellular Phone
Hi, My Motorola RAZR cell phone had fallen accidentally in to a local river which has good amount of turbidity. Later I let it dry and blown air with air drier. When I tried to charge the battery , I am seeing the key board flashing for a while and then it stops. Nothing can be done. I replaced battery from a friends similar phone and still it didn't worked. How can I get this cell phone which looks good get repaired? Your help will be deeply appreciated. thanks, Anil
Posted on Sep 21, 2008
You didn't say how long you allowed your phone to dry after it took the swim, nor how long it was in the water. Both are important in trying to guess how much damage may have been done. If the time in the water was very short (very) then there may be hope. If you allowed the phone to dry for a long time (possibly a day or even two) then there is hope as well.
You are right to state that the water had a high turbidity. It's not actually the water that will kill it, it's the stuff in the water.
One thing to think about would be to actually take the phone apart as far down as you can (and dare depending on your skill and knowledge of getting it back together). Once you've taken it apart, rinse it a couple of times with isopropyl alcohol. Doing this may once again suspend all the "stuff" that was left when the water evaporated. and the alcohol shouldn't leave any residue. After you've rinse the phone, allow it to dry for a day or two. Yeah a day or two may sound like a long time to be without you're phone, but it doesn't work right now anyway, so err on the side of caution. Now you may be tempted to use a hair dryer, I don't recommend the hair dryer. You could actually get some components of your phone too hot and cause yourself problems. If you want to I've had good results from laying electronic components on top of a heat and air vent in the house. The heat coming out (at this time of year) should not be warm enough to cause any damage and even the cool air (in the summer) gets good air flow to the device and helps evaporate any moisture, unless of course you have really high humidity.
Anyway, I rambled some there but I hope I've helped at least a little.
Posted on Feb 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!