Question about D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310 (WBR1310)
Comcast shut off the iternet last night for updates. when it cam back on all is working except the dell 23500 broadband router model# WRTA-108GD. If connected via ethernet no problem, wireless portion wont connect. All lights are on except wireless. I have power cycled all. Please help, need this to be able to perform my job
SOURCE: Unable to detect my router
This is because your router is setting your pc at a different IP address than your original modem. Make sure router is set to enable DHCP which gives out an automatic ip address and check your wireless card and network cards are set to obtain ip address automatically. It may take a few re-starts to get on the internet as your systems will need to clear their previous DNS settings. Also i assume you have set up the home network wizard (XP) as you are now using a router and not a direct modem. Also try Start>Run, then type ipconfig /flushdns then press enter.
Posted on Dec 30, 2006
i'm afraid, but correct me if i'm wrong but the voyager 210 is not a wireless router, it only has a wired capability. You will need to purchase a wireless router to be able to connect with the wireless adapter ypu have purchased.
Posted on Jul 13, 2007
you need to isolate first which of the devices is giving you the problem.
- check first the connection from your modem by connecting a computer directly to it. check if you'll loose the connection from the modem. if so, you need to check with your internet provider if they're having maintenance from time to time since that could be the reason why the router is not providing the connection to your laptop automatically and you need to restart it to sync with the modem first.
- if you have a proper/stable connection directly from the modem, next thing to check is the connection from the router. check if your wired computers are getting the same problem. if so, you may need to check for loose/faulty cables or you may need to upgrade the firmware of your router. if the wired computers are not getting the same problem, it's time to check the wireless settings of the router.
* access the router's page by typing http://192.168.0.1 on your web browser's address bar (default username is "admin" while the default password is "password")
* go to the wireless settings page and check if the wireless name (ssid) is not the default. if it's still using the default ssid, customized it to prevent interference from other dlink network near your area
- if you have check the modem and the router, it's now time to check the wireless adapter, make sure that it is connected to your own network. if you are using it's software utility, make sure that you have created a profile using the same ssid as of your router. you can also update the driver of your wireless card if you have checked the above mentioned and you're still having the same problem
you can also try to use another wireless computer and check if it'll experience the same problem to properly isolate the if it's the router or the wireless adapter problem. you can also try to install the wireless card to another computer and check if you'll have a stable conection. if so, there could be a software (like a firewall or an antivirus software) that is giving you the problem.
hope this'll help you and just ask me if you have other concern.
Posted on Jul 02, 2008
i have comcast wifi and i cannot set up vp eye to eye. i try to make phone call and get message says the phone number i call is unregistered. pls help me! thanks. my email is [email protected]
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
On the computer with the USB wireless card. Uninstall the wireless adapter program and use only the driver so that you can connect with the Windows wireless configuration utility. Then restart the computer and see if you are able to see the signal now. if not create a profile put in the SSID of your network and connect
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2013 | Dell Alienware M15x Gaming Notebook
Jan 20, 2011 | Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
Oct 01, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Sep 08, 2010 | Dell TrueMobile 1184 Wireless Broadband...
Mar 07, 2009 | U.S. Robotics USR8054 Wireless Router
Jan 01, 2009 | Dell TrueMobile 2300 Wireless Router...
Nov 20, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Sep 29, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jul 18, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
171 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: