Danby DMW1400 Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

Question about Danby DMW1400 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Cardboard insert The insert that came with the microwave broke upon me trying to insert it. What exactly is its function and can we still use the microwave without it. ( the small square white on one side and silver on the other) Thanks for your input. I'm afraid to use the mike without it.

Posted by rhetty on

  • 1 more comment 
  • Anonymous May 28, 2008

    My cardboard insert came off, does this cause a health risk, is it still safe to use? My cardboard was taped on one corner can I do that again?

    Thank you Tammy Jeffery

  • carmen754 Oct 01, 2008

    The inside cardboard broke in 2 pieces. Can we just tape it and put it back in place?

  • Anonymous Jan 12, 2009

    Mine broke in half as well, Is there some place to get a new one?


1 Answer

William Miller

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Danby Master
  • 9,179 Answers

It sounds like you may be talking about the wavegudie cover. Does it cover a square hole in the side or top of the caivty? If so, it is needed. It prevents grease and food debris from getting in the waveguide, which can damage the magnetron. I would refer you to Danby customer service: http://www.danby.com/page.asp?code=5

Posted on Sep 23, 2007

Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:


Microwave insert damaged

It should fine provided the magnetron does not start arcing, anything metal inside will cause issues if exposed.

I have a 2004 Sharp R-1214 1100 Watt Microwave and the card like removable 3 x 4 inch plate broke (almost like cardboard) and it covered the vented opening. I don't have a users manual so I don't know the...

That's the waveguide cover you're talking about. It covers the opening in the side of the cooking cavity where the microwaves enter. The oven will work without it, but if you don't have the cover in place, food particles can get into the waveguide and cause problems. You can buy a replacement here.

How do I lay lino round the base of the toilet?

Mark out and cut the base of the bowl size, using a old Cornflakes packet is useful, cut the hole and behind the bowl part of the cardboard test piece cut to the edge in a straight line. The cardboard will now open (a bit like a keyring) and alow the cardboard cut out hole to be placed around the base of the toilet bowl. Trim it to fit perfectly.
When you have the exact size in you cardboard cornflakes packet, transfer the cut out on to your lino, cutting in a straight line at the rear of the lino where is will not be seen, to allow fitting over the bowl. Trim your lino edges and there you have it, lots of scrap cardboard but a professionally fitted lino floor covering.
I hope that helps.

The microwave function stopped functioning. Anew

ck the door inter locks . . but if its just been apart for a mag . I would look first at wire connections or pinched wire ..ect . these are common after major service ..

The cardboard cover inside the microwave broke, how do I get a replacement. Is it safe to run it without it ?

NO, it's NOT safe to run the microwave without it.
It's not that it's harmful to you--because it's not--but it IS harmful to your microwave. That cardboard cover that you're talking about is called a "mica shield," which, in short, protects your microwave from frying itself.

I'd say talk to Sanyo to see if they can get a replacement for you (which they usually can, or they can at least tell you where to get one). According to their website, www.us.sanyo.com , it doesn't look like they have a support phone number, but they have service locators--I'd say if you can give one of the centers a call, and give them you model, they might be able to help you out with getting the mica shield ;)

Good luck! :)

What is the cardboard cover inside my microwave for?

It may not be cardboard - it may be a material called mica which is located over where the magnetron is located in the unit. This is a protective cover and if it is what I think it is, do not remove under any circumstances, otherwise you may render the microwave unsafe to use.

Metallic-like cardboard insert inside microwave is crumbling???

That piece is called the waveguide cover. Emerson calls it a spatter shield. Behind it is the hole where the microwaves enter the oven. Its job is to prevent food spatters from getting into the microwave source, and it's not a good idea to run the oven without it.

The cover is usually held in place by a plastic rivet that pulls out. I couldn't find the part number for the cover used in your model. But here is a link to a parts place that has several covers available:


If one of the covers shown looks like yours you can order it. Another possibility is to contact Emerson at 800-695-0098. This is the number they give to locate authorized servicers near you, and you might be able to order a replacement cover through them.

Hope this has helped. If so, please take a moment to rate the solution. Thanks for asking here!

Keypad Problem?

look on the back panel for any hole with a "RESET" label next to it. insert a small pin to reset your microwave
Not finding what you are looking for?


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Danby Microwave Ovens Experts


Level 3 Expert

61324 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2515 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

29320 Answers

Are you a Danby Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides