A Scale Manager kit comprises of the following:
- One computerised electronic water descaler
- One 12 volt power supply, cable length 1.8m - 6?
Optional when ordering, 5m - 16½' power supply extension lead
- Antenna cable with red plug
- Antenna cable with black plug
- Five plastic cable ties (1 spare)
- One attachable black antenna plug
- One attachable red antenna plug
Ensure antennae cables do not come into contact with each other
- The gap between the coils must be in excess of 60mm - 2½" no upper limit
- Coils require a minimum of 50mm - 2? each side of uninterrupted straight pipe
- Direction of coils is essential - see over
- Ideally a 125mm + (5?+) straight run of pipe is required for each antenna coil
- Direction of Water Flow is immaterial
- Connect red plugs to red sockets and black to black
- Scale Manager is effective on all pipes (copper, plastic, lead, steel etc)
- Performance is not impaired if the pipe is painted
- The Control Unit can be fitted at any angle or plane
- A 13-amp socket is required for the power supply
The ideal location to install Scale Manager is near the entry point of the rising main, before any junctions. The antennae coils operate independently and can be positioned on separate pipes should you not have an uninterrupted pipe run of 250mm - 10?. Should the inlet pipe T off within 125mm - 10? of the stopcock, position the coils as fig 1 overleaf. If the inlet pipe available is over 125mm - 5? but under 250mm - 10? position as fig 2 overleaf.
The antennae coils require a minimum gap between them of 50mm - 2?. It is also necessary that the coils are at least 40mm -1½" from elbows and junctions.