An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: HP LaserJet 2420dn prints twice
You may have checked this already, but make sure your printer driver is not set up to print two copies per print job if it is then that's the easiest place to change settings. Or you can print out your printer's menu by doing the following:
To print a menu map
1. Press (SELECT button) to open the menus.
2. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to INFORMATION, and then press
3. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to PRINT MENU MAP, and then press
Look for anything that says "copies" and usually that will let you know what is set on the printer.
To change a control-panel setting
1. Press MENU to open the menus.
2. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to the menu that you want, and then press
3. Some menus might have several submenus. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to
scroll to the submenu item that you want, and then press (SELECT button).
4. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to the setting, and then press (SELECT
button). Some settings change rapidly if (UP button) or (DOWN button) is held down.
An asterisk (*) appears next to the selection on the display, indicating that it is now the
5. Press MENU to exit the menu
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
According to the specs, this printer does not have a duplex unit and therefore cannot print double sided prints. DOUBLE SIDED PRINTING USING A SINGLE SIDED PRINTER If your printer does not have a duplex unit then the printercannot print double sided pages automatically. You can print double sided pages but you have to do it one page at a time. First print Page 1 then place the page back into the paper tray, but turn thepage upside down and the print Page 2. Then print page 3 on one side then page 4 on the other side and repeat for therest of the document. I suggest you try a test page first, to get the printing the right way up onboth sides of the page so it reads correctly.
You need to go into the print driver on your Windows machine and go to the Device settings tab. One of the settings is to set whether the unit has a duplexer or not. It does not always set automatically.
Turn off printer, Goto Control panel then printers and faxs, double click on your printers icon, a box opens with your pending prints, select file and cancel all documents, close all windows, restart printer