WHEN I TURN THE TV ON IT STARTS SPARKING. WHEN IT SPARKS IT FLASHED THE PICTURE ON AND OFF AND IT SOMETIMES SPARKS AND TURNS OFF THEN BACK ON. MY BOYFRIEND TRIED TO LOOK IN THE BACK AND GOT A BIG SHOCK. WHAT DO I NEED TO REPLACE IN ORDER TO GET THIS FIXED
Your problem is flyback transformer cap is leak or tared due to ageing or rust. Since it is high voltage transformer your boyfried get shock.
If you have technical knowledge or technical support just try the following process. Switchoff the tv and remove power chord from plug. Wait minimum 4hrs. Then remove the back cover clean picture tube and transformer cap with IP solution. After allowing 30mins dry switch on the tv. All the process will be done by service engineer only. Risk of electric shock.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the set wasn't dropped or physically dammaged the chances of it being the picture tube is very small. The set is probably magnetized and needs degaussing (demagnetizing). All CRT type TV's have an internal demagnetizing circuit that is engaged when the set is first turned on after being off for the day. If this circuit is working then you sometimes hear a "bonk" sound (about 1/2 a second long when the set is first turned on. If this circuit isn't working the set will become magnetized over time and will have to be degaussed using a degauss coil available at a TV repair shop (cost aprox. $35.00) and you should have the circuit checked at the same time. A set will also become magnetized if a large speaker (magnet) or motor is close to the TV. Be sure to vote/rate me if this helped Thanks!
Seems like a bad contact somewhere - could be bad / deteriorated solder connections somewhere on the circuit board, broken wires or similar - check any connectors (especially in the area where you noticed sparking), see if the pins have bad solder contacts, also check other components - resolder any bad connections, this might solve the problem.
Your high Voltage anode button that connects into Picture tube may have came lose Rember Picture Tube if not broken Holds 36,000 volts if not discharged, Have you Look under chassis to see if board it cracked? Sounds like your FBT?
Mike-It looks like the power supply is going on your tv-it can be replaced. This happens, usually, when little kids are playing wth the remote or power button on the tv. Turn it off and on a whole bunch of times in a row, kids love to do that, and it burns out the power supply part- to make a CRT tv like your RCA36 incher- which is a beautiful machine- I have the RCA/PROSCAN 36 incher-LAST longer...You should always wait 5 min between turning it off and on. Don't ever sell it. This one is worth fixing. It has better color and sound Than the new plasmas and lcds-The Pros know this. Be carefull, they might try and talk you out of it-so they can fix it and have it for themselves. So what if it's not High Deff. It's a great set.