Songs that transfer as .wma - I don't want them to be .wma - Using Rhapsody
I am using rhapsody as my synching program. I put all the songs on from my library, no problem. one day, I hit "device options" and I found that I could transfer them as .wma - I thought that would make them 'compress' more so I could hold more songs. Little did I know that it wouldn't work. When I turned my player back on, I found taht I had 2 of every song - one .mp3, one .wma . I deleted the songs and put them all back on as .mp3's. most of them transferred correctly, but about 250 of them didn't. the artists from Sugarcult to Yellowcard still transferred as .wma. I don't know how to fix it, and I've tried everything that I could think of.
I tried reuploading the songs to the library - that wasn't the problem.
I tried going into 'my computer'-'my music' - that didn't work.
I don't know what else there is that I can do. someone please help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Use the program called Windows Media Player to transfer songs to the GoGear. A full version of the user's manual is available at www.usasupport.philips.com
The sync error could be deeper - you are going to laugh, but many of the "Rhapsody" enabled Philips GoGear's are incapable of playing most Rhapsody songs. You may be getting the error message because your music service is giving you songs in DRM-encrypted WMA format, and the Philips is incapable of reading that format. Ironically, the older Philips can read that format - most of the newer ones can't.
The player is not defective. The older Philips players recognized DRM-encrypted WMA's - the newer Philips players do not.
You have to get Rhapsody's Mp3 only service - I repeat, MP3 ONLY. No other level of Rhapsody service will work with the newer Philips' GoGear's - which is funny, b/c Philips co-branded with Rhapsody on the newer players. Rhapsody's Mp3 Only is not the only choice you have - but the key is only to transfer songs that are in mp3 or NONPROTECTED WMA format (non-protected wma's are not purchased songs, but songs ripped in the right way from CD).
First, read your manual.
Second, find the name of the folder that the Rhapsody songs are stored in, and copy them or move them to the "My Music" folder on your computer. If you are handy with computers, instead of moving the Rhapsody songs to the My Music folder, go into Windows Media Player instead - click the arrow underneath the Library tab, and select "More Options" --> Library --> Monitor Folders --> Add the Rhapsody folder to your list of folders.
Third, make sure you have Windows Media Player installed on your computer, since that is the program you will be using to transfer the songs. Click on the Library tab, and make sure that the songs show up on your computer. Once you see them, click on the Sync tab and start dragging the songs (no more than 10 songs in one sitting) to the window that says "Drag files here to synchronize..."). Click Start Sync.
Warning: Some GoGear models recognize Rhapsody songs and others do not. If you have Rhapsody's Mp3-Only service, then you are in the clear no matter what model of GoGear you have. If you have one of Rhapsody's other subscriptions, you may be in trouble. If your Go Gear is truly an SA6045, it will recognize DRM-protected Rhapsody songs, so you will be OK. If you have an SA3025 or one of the newer models, you will only be able to successfully transfer songs by signing up for Rhapsody's Mp3-Only service.
Run the Sansa Recovery Tool from Sandisks' website and start over from scratch. Usually this problem is caused by trying to transfer too many songs at once, but any number of Rhapsody errors could have caused this.
I first suggest that you use Windows Media Player on transferring songs to the player. Rhapsody is a p**n in the a** when i use it to transfer songs to the player. Well back to the topic, make sure the device that you have is set to MTP when you are transferring songs to the player using rhapsody.. If it will not transfer format the player using Settings and then FORMAT if it did not work format the player in MSC mode. To do this, go to settings then to USB MODE then change it to MSC and then connect the player to the computer. After connecting the player to the computer ti will be detected as a removable disk drive. Right click on it then choose FORMAT make sure the file system is FAT32. THen after the format is done. Chnage the mode back to MTP then transfer a song using rhapsody. If all else fails using the windows mediaplayer program. Here are the instructions on using the windows media player program.
Sounds like you have a few different problems, thankfully its easy to resolve.
Run the recovery tool from the SanDisk website, select FORMAT when prompted.
Best of Luck.
(this only works with non Rhapsody devices, annotated by an 'R' or the word Rhapsody on back)