Question about Lexmark X2470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Hi! I have the driver downloaded, but can't get it to install. Every time I hit RUN, I get this message: Can't create output file: c:\drivers\printer\2400\drivers\Win_XP2K\i386\LXCRefg.dll Please help! Thanks! Kat
I do not have a place to post a single file and I do not know your operating system. However these links will get you to the manual and one click from the drivers -- the click you need to make will be to pick your operating system. I hope this is good enough.
The manuals can be read with Adobe Reader (Free)
If needed use the following link and click the "Get Adobe Reader" button
Manual Link (z600 series includes z605)
Software/Driver Link (yes there is a Vista driver)
Posted on Dec 25, 2007
For those of you who have downloaded the appropriate vista driver for your printer. Go to device manager on pc (control panel, hardware and devices etc) Select uninstall printer driver, as you want any old references to xp one deleted. Now, place new disc or dicc with new driver files in and your install new hardware program shopuld self start. IF not you can manually do it by going to add new hardware wizard, and select own information to suit yopur needs. But win vista should automatically find the new drivers.
Posted on Feb 14, 2008
I bought a Lexmark X1290 printer and installed a wrong driver (for WinXP) from the enclosed CD. Then I could not run the All in One program. After many reinstallation attemps, I finally found a solution (which is unfortunately quite hidden at the Lexmark website):
1) Unplug the printer's USB cable from the computer.
2) Download the cleaning utility from ftp://ftp.lexmark.com/driver/inkjet_drivers/Cleanup/.
3) Double-click on the cleanup utility and follow the on-screen instructions to run it.
4) Restart the computer.
5) Download all files from ftp://ftp.lexmark.com/driver/inkjet_drivers/Cleanup/reg/
6) Follow the instructions in the "Vista BackDoor Instructions.txt" and delete all remaining Lexmark
keys in the registry.
7) Restart the computer
8) Download a proper driver for Windows Vista from the Lexmark website.
9) Install the driver accordingly to the instructions (it's important to plug the printer's USB cable when you are ask to, not before)
The problem with Lexmark Unistall and CleanUp Utility is that you cannot delete all Lexmark registry keys while you arelogged in the system. This is anellegant way how to circumvent the problem.
Posted on Sep 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 17, 2013 | HP Pavilion DV6700T Notebook PC
Jul 30, 2012 | Sony Handycam DCR-TRV19 Mini DV Digital...
Jun 07, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
May 30, 2011 | HP Officejet 6310 All-In-One InkJet...
May 23, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 27, 2011 | Mercury P4VM800M7 Motherboard
Sep 07, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 04, 2010 | Micro Innovations IC150C Webcam
Jan 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: