At Fixya.com, our trusted experts are meticulously vetted and possess extensive experience in their respective fields. Backed by a community of knowledgeable professionals, our platform ensures that the solutions provided are thoroughly researched and validated.
Sharp microwave two years old.
Two days ago I noticed that the numeric portion of the keypad is hot to the touch. Not warm, hot, not hot enough to burn, but hot enough to be very noticeable. I unplugged the microwave overnight and the next morning I used the microwave immediately after plugging it in. This evening after the microwave had been on all day, the keypad is again hot. Is this dangerous? Should I just replace this oven?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The problem maybe the magnetron, or the inverter board if 7 years old or less, and possibly the keypad control board, by the time you add parts and labour cheaper to replace the microwave oven in the long run.
Most microwaves use a membrane type keypad that is glued to the front panel..they can be expensive though, but aren't too hard to replace...it involves removing the cover...unplugging the keypad ribbon cable...removing the old keypad...and reinstalling the new keypad
it depends on how old the unit is as sharp as a lot of manufacters will only hold parts for up to 5 years for domestic microwaves.you are looking at getting a new keypad at a cost of approx £15 to £35 plus fitting