Error C00D1236 virtually always indicates one of two things:
1) The device is trying to sync hidden files--are there any?
There is licensed media that is being synced, and the license is either
corrupt or has expired. If you have any licensed media, then try going
back to where you purchased it (in an iTunes-like music management
program? In WMP?) and refresh/renew the license.
The bad news is that until C00D1236 is resolved, you can't sync your device.
You can bypass syncing, and directly transfer files, In my computer, the mp3 plaer will be shown as a drive.
Now if one of the two solutions above is not feasible for u, try this:
In case you have a problem to connect your Samsung YP-U2J Mp3 player
, you should update Firmware
to get it working. The new Firmware may be downloaded from Samsung.com.
CLICK Here to Download : Firmware Update
This error is common with Windows Media Player
Here is the instruction:
- Download the YP-U2J Updater
- Remove Mp3 player if you already connected to the USB port
- Run the program (You should see something like: Please connect the device)
- Hold down the Play button and connect the Mp3 Player to USB port
(Hold down the play button while you connect the device, you should see
a message (normally after 8 seconds) like: Initializing on YP-U2J Updater program screen)
- After you hear the Windows chime "new device found" or the message
"Initializing" on YP-U2J Updater, you can now remove your hand from
- Check the Format Data Area checkbox (By clicking the yes button, you will lose all of your data in your Mp3 player)
- Click the "yes" button
- Finally, click on the Start button (takes less than a minute). DO NOT REMOVE YOUR DEVICE
- IMPORTANT: After updating the firmware, you MUST
disconnect the Mp3 player and turn it on. You will see a 20% message
for about 50 seconds and it will be restarted automatically.
keep in mind that if you sync your Mp3 player with a computer that has
a Windows Media Player 9 or 10, you should do these steps again