Question about Sylvania DVL-515 DVD Player
Every time I put a disc in the player it just ejects right back out? I've tried several discs and it doesn't like any of them
Inside the unit, when the carrier slides back in there is an infrared led and photo transister that detect the presence of a disk. it may be adjusted too far away from the carrier so its as if there isn't a disk inside. sometimes the four springs that hold the disk carriage are weak and the carrier is tilted away from the sensor. try looking at these springs.
Posted on Aug 21, 2007
Have you checked to see if it is off track? Sometimes when these machines get bumpbed, dropped, or fall they can jump track. You have to take the cover off and inspect to see if it is off track when it closes and opens. It should go all the way back on the track when it closes. Be careful not to shock yourself. If it is on when you do it and your hand touches the metal parts inside you can get seriously burned or shocked.
Posted on Jan 18, 2007
SOURCE: dvd player will not read disk
have you tried getting a lense cleaner as they sometimes get alot of dust and will stop signal from disk to the laser if this dont solve the prolbem then you are looking at replacing the laser unit itself if the cleaning dont work and you think you are capable of taking the casing off make sure you switch it off first this should send the laser to the center of the laser tray if you take the case off and it is not in the center it might just be that it has got jammed now sometimes gently pushing it back to the middle will get it working again if it is already in the middle then it could be that the laser needs replacing but if not in middle push gently dont gerk it it should be quite stiff to push any way when you push back to middle try a disk with the casing off but please make sure you dont touch anything whislt it is plugged in if nothing works then it probably is the laser but before you do anything as soon as you get the case off switch it on and put a dvd in and make sure the disk is spinning if not laser unit is nakered and need replacing let me know how you get on hope this is some help to you
Posted on Nov 26, 2007
1. Power up unit with no disk in the tray
2. After "no disc" shows on the front display, press PAUSE on the remote
3. Press in order: 1, 4, 7, 2 on the remote (short keypresses). A new screen will show up, EEPROM settings with a green background
4. Write down the EEPROM string for backup/restore purposes in case you screw up. My string was 55 53 00 45 02 55 64 FF (compare with the default string of the 312, which is 55 53 00 45 14 55 64 FF).
5. To enable VCD playback, move the cursor to the "45" (4th group of characters from the left; use the remote up/down arrows to move right/left) and enter "46" or "47" instead, then press ENTER to commit
6. To enable SVCD playback, move the cursor to the "64" field (second from the right) and enter "FE" instead. To enter "F" press "6" on the remote and keep pressed. To enter "E" press "5" on the remote and keep pressed. After you're finished entering "FE" press ENTER on the remote to commit
7. Press PAUSE on the remote to exit the EEPROM screen
8. Power off, then power on again the player
9. It now plays SVCDs and/or VCDs depending on the codes you entered.
The final EEPROM strings with both VCD and SVCD enabled are:
55 53 00 46 02 55 FE FF and
55 53 00 47 02 55 FE FF
NB the replacement of 64 by FE was in the past wrongly labeled as Macrovision hack. That's not true. What it really does is enable SVCD playback. If you only do the #5 above, you'll only get VCD playback. If you only do the #6 above, you'll only get SVCD playback. If you do both, you'll get VCD and SVCD playback.
(SVCD playback was especially important to me because I have several hundreds of them - mostly TV shows recorded on my TiVo, then exported to the PC and converted to SVCD)
The other hack for the DVB-312 also works on the 412 (see the configuration screen):
1. press SETUP on the remote
2. Go to "TV Aspect" and move the cursor to "16:9"
3. Press in order: 1, 3, 9, 7, 1, 3, 9 on the remote, then press ENTER
The info showing on that screen for the DVB-412 is:
Model: Zenith ZV8020001
Chip ID: M3355A-B
Servo ver: S101_43180
Microcom ver: V1.50A MP
PROM: 55 53 00 45 02 55 64 FF
Factory reset... done...
(the PROM I listed above is before the VCD/SVCD hack)
Posted on Mar 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2013 | Sony MDS-E10 Mini Disc Player
Dec 17, 2012 | Sony CDP-C910 10-Disc CD Changer
Oct 19, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 13, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Dec 07, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders
Dec 05, 2009 | 2001 Ford Ranger Regular Cab
Aug 15, 2009 | Sylvania 6620LDF 20 in. EDTV-Ready LCD...
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: