Replacing the date battery PowerShot A510 and A520
Replacing the Date Battery
If the Date/Time menu appears when the camera power is turned
on, the date battery charge is low and the date and time settings have
been lost. Please purchase a lithium coin battery (CR1220) and replace
it as follows.
Please note that the first date battery may appear
to expire relatively quickly after you purchase the camera. This is
because it is installed in the camera at the point of manufacture, not
when you make the purchase.
particularly careful to keep the date batteries out of the reach of
children. Seek medical assistance immediately if a child swallows a
battery since corrosive battery fluids could damage the stomach or
- Confirm that the camera is turned off.
- Open the terminal cover and use your finger nail to pull out the battery holder.
- Pull open the battery holder in the direction indicated
by the arrow (1). Remove the battery by pulling it up in the direction
indicated by the arrow (2).
- Insert a new battery with the ( ) side facing up.
- Replace the battery holder back and close the terminal cover.
- When the Date/Time menu appears, set the date and time.
After purchasing the camera and turning on the power for the first
time, although the Date/Time menu will appear, you do not need to
replace the date battery.
If you ever dispose of your camera, first remove the
date battery for recycling according to the recycling system of your