Problem with Zen media services organizer software.
I've opened up Zen Media Services Organizer, and I can't close it! I've got two open at once now and don't know what to do - i can't even see the songs I have on the mp3 player. Someone please get me to where I can use this mp3 player! - Drew
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: problem with Zen media services organizer software.
Have you tried updating the firmware of your Zen V Plus? I've had mine for almost an year and haven't had these issues -- I updated the firmware as soon as I unpacked it.
try downloading the MP3 player recovery tool from Creative's website (the tool contains the latest firmware update available -- 1.15.03). Plug your ZV+ into your PC, run the program and let it update the firmware. Then format, reload your music and try it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
How to transfer / copy music from ZEN Micro to your computer1. Connect your MP3 player to your computer
2. Open Creative Mediasource program
3. Once you have open Creative Media source program, make sure it is set to "Organizer View"
4. Look for Sources, it is usuallt on theleft pane of the Media source Program
5. Under source you will PC Music Library, ZEN Micro,music store, My Computer. (Each of these item has a Plus (+) sign right beside them and you can click it and it will expand
6. Now, still in the Source, Click Zen Micro and it will list all the music on the middle pane of the media source software
7. Once you see the music highlight all of them and drag them to your "My Computer". Make sure to remember the location in "My computer" where you copied your music
*If you are unsure of this instruction, I can assist you doing it. If its okay with you, I will remotely access your computer (Of course you should be in front of your computer while I assist you)"
If you want to go with this, reply with the time and date, include the time zone,
1. remove all creative software from your pc (do this from start menu/settings/control panel/add or remove programs)
2. Uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 11 runtime. This will rollback the pc to an earlier version of WMP.
3. Download the latest version of the zen driver from this location: http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ame=Windows+XP
4. Make sure the zen is not connected to the pc and install run the exe file to install the software on your pc. at some point, the install will tell you that the unit is not connected. Connect the unit to proceed. it will also notify you that you are replacing an existing software, or something to that effect. I accepted or said OK to this popup. Once the firmware is installed, my started to work fine. You can now reinstall WMP from microsoft website. Hope this works for you. you might want to verify that your new player has the latest firmware available, as this might address the unresponsive-button issue you're having. Firmware updates are surprisingly easy - you just download the firmware file from Creative's website, plug in your player, and double-click the downloaded file. It's that easy.
You can't move the files once you put them on the player. The media explorer part of the software does not allow for moving files. The only way to move them it to delete them and put them back in the new location on the player. The creative software does not work like windows explorer.