We bought the washer with the house, therefore, we do not have the manual. Two problems- first is the agitator is not turning at all and second- the spin cycle will not turn off by itself. Any ideas? If anyone knows a link to access a manual, please let me know. Thanks in advance for input!
1) Most GE appliances have service manuals. By the manual because it will save you the repair services for the life of the machine.
2) I am not familiar with the GE Profile, so I don't know if it has dial knobs, or control panels. Any way, your problems seem like the timer unit is the problem. If it has dial knobs, the timer costs about US$100 - $150. The control panel circuit probably costs that much. You can buy the service manual and parts from Sears or parts services
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Normally you can take the top of the agitator off with the use of a screw driver or by turning couter clockwise. Once the top is off you should see a nut or bolt. Removing this will allow the agitator to be removed.
Your drain line is too low or has a blocked air gap. Take the drain line out of the drain. Hold it up high and turn the washer on to fill. If it fills and begins agitation,repair the drain line problem.
bad dogs pull off center cap remove bolt carefully lift off dogs are two pieces that catch to agitate they are minimal cost and are easy to replace they wear out especially with heavy loads!!!Best of Luck to You!!
Check to see if any thing is under the agitator. If not then maybe the bearings going out or other part of machine . Besure the cap is tighten so agatator don't come off. Check for ware on agatator top to the tighting nut.