Some interesting reading on page 8 of the owner's manual:
"Boilovers cause smoking and greasy spillovers that may ignite and spread if the vent fan is operating.To minimize automatic fan operation, use adequate sized cookware and use high heat on surface units only when necessary."
And on page 20:
"If the temperature becomes too hot around the microwave oven, the fan in the vent hood will automatically turn on at the LEVEL 2 setting to cool the oven. The fan will automatically turn off when the oven has cooled down sufficiently. This is an automated process and cannot be turned off. The fan may stay on for 30 minutes or more after the cooktop and microwave controls are turned off. The Vent Fan will only operate in 1~4 levels modes while the microwave is working."
"Using the Vent delay off button
1. Press the Delay Off button once to turn the fan off after 1 minute.
2. Press the Delay Off button twice to turn the fan off after 3 minutes.
3. Press the Delay Off button three times to turn the fan off after 5 minutes.
4. Press the Delay Off button fiour times to turn the fan off after 10 minutes.
5. Press the Delay Off button five times to turn the fan off after 30 minutes."
If for some reason you don't have your owner's manual, you can still download it free here
to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating
of our answer