It was working fine for 2 months. After that, suddenly was turned off and never more worked. I took out the ceramic fuse from inside, but i don't know where i can buy a replacement. I can read on it: 250V75A Is it right? 75A? Thank you for your help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
in most cases the reason for microwaves shutting down without warning is
the fuse. in some cases the fuse will fail at its own fault. to test
the fault we would do a tollerence test on the unit. but the best way
for you to test it is to replace the ceramic fuse with another of the
same value. if the unit works then its a faulty fuse. if the unit blows
the fuse then the unit has a fault in the power supply that needs to be
repaired by a service tech.
Inside the unit behind the control pannel is a ceramic fuse looks like a car glass type fuse. To replace it you must remove the outer shell. First unplug the device,2nd
place on a flat work area,3rd remove the screws from the back of the unit,4th pull the outer shell back if it's stock a flathead screwdriver can be used to aid in removal,5th after removal look behinde the control pannel find the main power wires by following them from the back of the unit the fuse will be about 1" long and about as big around as a #2 pencil remove it carefully and replace it with a new ceramic fuse. The fuses are about $3.00
If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself find a repair shop it will cost about $35 dollars
Hope this helps
Please leave feedback
If there is no power at all then it could be the internal power fuse has blown, there could also be other parts faulty also. I would not recommend you to check this if you are not electricallly qualified as a microwave is a very dangerous piece of equipment to tamper with, even if there is no power to it. It would be best to call a service engineer to check it over for you.
if the microwave is on the same circuit as the refrigerator, it's possible that the micro was turned on just as the refer compressor kicked on. i've seen that situation pop a fuse in microwaves many times - make sure you get a ceramic slo-blo fuse
I have a Sharp Carousel that got zapped once during a thunderstorm. Since it was dead, I opened it up to see what I could salvage. Turned out there is a main fuse inside, it is a ceramic cylinder with metal ends, like the old glass car fuses but ceramic instead. Bought a replacement from Digi-Key and it has worked fine ever since.
If fuse, door switches, and capacitor are good, the next potential problem area is the control board (behind the keypad). Look for evidence of burn markings on the board and back of keypad panel; you may need to unscrew it to pull it out and look. I discovered with the same issues you have posted my LG microwave had a burnt board. Replacement is around a hundred dollars so I will just go buy anorther microwave (not LG!).
I bought my emerson microwave 3 years ago model# mw8115ss from walmart and have had all the problems that everyone has talked about and I thought about throwing it away until I thought about one small detail, the FUSE. China uses junky glass fuses that burst instantly with a slight power outage, door slamming to hard, moving it around, and of course constant use like myself always heating up water for bottles. I took the back of the microwave off and walla!!! a blown fuse, but wait!!! dont buy another glass fuse!!! go to your local home depot and get the ceramic fuse for microwave ovens!!! they are $2.83 at my local home depot. I replaced the junky glass fuse with the ceramic one and it has worked perfectly for six months now.
DONT let someone tell you that you cant replace a glass fuse with a ceramic one because they are full of boloney. My microwave did all kinds of things, it wouldnt turn sometimes, it would come on by itself, it would beep for no reason, turn but not heat up, you name it I had the problem. When a fuse starts to go out it can make your appliances do some strange things, check the fuse and replace it with a CERAMIC one and I promise it should eliminate your problem.