Hello.. some of the keys on my nokia e61 keypad, when pressed, are not registering...e.g. when someone is calling me and I press the green (YES) key, the call is not getting picked up. Similarly, the "A" key is not working when pressed. Possible cause is sweat damage from face when speaking into the phone in hot conditions.
Please propose solutions.
I had the same problem once. I forgot my handy e61 was at the back pocket of my pants while i drove home from work. the keys would work, some of the keys got so pressed that they were stuck, it did took me time to unstock these keys by opening my phone. Just be carefull on opening the phone. pls.
There's a foreign object between the keypad and the sensor pad ... dust or lint or a hair or a scrap of paper ...
This is an easily repaired problem that someone with very basic skills and tools can tackle. The steps are:
- Remove battery cover - Remove battery - Start disassembly by removing top rear shell (the bit with the lens cover) by gently prising with a small screw driver. There are five catches - one middle left, one middle right right, one center bottom, two at the top +/- 1/2" from the edges. Gently remove the in the same direction as you would the battery. - Remove front shell by undoing 4 screws now visible on the rear of the phone, one at each corner. Itis a funny torque screw, but I used a small flat and it worked OK
- Gently dust and clean the entire phone - While you're about it, make sure the screen connector is properly engagde. Turn the phone face up. Right at the top and about 1" from the left there is a red screen connector (you'll see the copper of the screen's strip cable terminating there). Gently press down on this connector to reconnect. - Reverse the steps for re-assembly
If you do not feel up to it, take the phone to an agent or repair shop with these instructions. It is a 5 minute job and they should charge accordingly!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unlock your Nokia N73's keypad by pressing the left soft key found just above the green call button and then pressing the "*" or asterisk key.
Press a series of five keys on your keypad following the sequence "*7370#" without quotes. Assume that you are dialing this as a number. The N73 should show a confirmation message right after you press the "#" key.
Read the Warnings section before proceeding and choose the "Yes" option from the confirmation message to tell the Nokia N73 to format the phone memory.
Switch-off your phone. 1. Press and hold 3 keys; Green dial key, *
Star key, no. 3 key on keypad and then press the power on/off to
swtich on the phone. Remember, do not let go the 3 press and
keys until you see a formatting word screen show! 2. After a
minutes when the Full phone formatting completed, your phone
back to original system and factory settting.
Press *#7780# buttons using the keypad, the phone shall ask for the the reset, select Yes and enter the security code (12345 default) the phone shall restart, now again press *#7370# follow the same procedure and the phone would be formatted.
Please rate this solution in case you find it helpful.
To format your cell phone, you need to dial *#7370#
and after it gets formatted then just switch off your cell phone and then when your phone gets completely switched off then press and hold the send key (green) and while holding
the send key press * (star key) and then number pad key 3 (three) hold
them simultaneously and switch your cell phone back on and keep holding
those keys till it shows FORMATTING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Make sure that the battery is fully charged before proceeding.