Hello.. some of the keys on my nokia e61 keypad, when pressed, are not registering...e.g. when someone is calling me and I press the green (YES) key, the call is not getting picked up. Similarly, the "A" key is not working when pressed. Possible cause is sweat damage from face when speaking into the phone in hot conditions. Please propose solutions.
I had the same problem once. I forgot my handy e61 was at the back pocket of my pants while i drove home from work. the keys would work, some of the keys got so pressed that they were stuck, it did took me time to unstock these keys by opening my phone. Just be carefull on opening the phone. pls.
There's a foreign object between the keypad and the sensor pad ... dust or lint or a hair or a scrap of paper ...
This is an easily repaired problem that someone with very basic skills and tools can tackle. The steps are:
- Remove battery cover
- Remove battery
- Start disassembly by removing top rear shell (the bit with the lens cover) by gently prising with a small screw driver. There are five catches - one middle left, one middle right right, one center bottom, two at the top +/- 1/2" from the edges. Gently remove the in the same direction as you would the battery.
- Remove front shell by undoing 4 screws now visible on the rear of the phone, one at each corner. Itis a funny torque screw, but I used a small flat and it worked OK
- Gently dust and clean the entire phone
- While you're about it, make sure the screen connector is properly engagde. Turn the phone face up. Right at the top and about 1" from the left there is a red screen connector (you'll see the copper of the screen's strip cable terminating there). Gently press down on this connector to reconnect.
- Reverse the steps for re-assembly
If you do not feel up to it, take the phone to an agent or repair shop with these instructions. It is a 5 minute job and they should charge accordingly!
Open ur phoen as much as possible and put in su lite for more than 2-3 hrs. and if doen't work then go to service centrre.
Usually answered in minutes!