My phone was submerged for about 3 hrs and after i had let it dry out it all worked except for the speaker which means i dont have any ring tones and the other ppl can hear me but i cant hear them, i was wondering if its worth getting the speaker replaced or if i may as well throw it away, thanks in advance.
I had the same problem, sent the mobile back to where you got it from, i put my mobile in the washing machine but told the company that it was stolen and when i got it back it was damaged, they believed me
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your phone is damaged by water, be sure you dismantle the break away pieces and submerge them in a bowl of dry rice for at least 3 days. Rice can help extract and evaporate liquids in the surrounding air.
If your phone is damaged physically or was ever dropped, it's possible that a loose connection formed within the device. Considering liquid crystal displays are made of many individual touch sensors, if your "keys" are on the touch screen. That could be why it doesn't work. Verify if that portion of the touch screen works for anything else. If it does, install a new keyboard on your phone or reinstall the existing.
First thing is take out the battery and dry the battery with a towel or paper towel. Allow it to dry for a while and in the meantimelet you phone dry out. There is suppose to be a seal around the phones main board to keep out moisture so if it didn't get to wet it should be OK. After about 30 minutes the battery should be dry enough to put back in and then try to turn the phone on. In most cases it will work.
You cant try this...get a bowl of dry rice, put the phone in and cover it up, leave the phone in for 48 hrs. Dont touch it.
Sounds like there is remaining moisture. if this doesnt resolve the issue you will need a new phone
you can take the battery and the back off the device and place in completely submerged in a bag of white rice and leave it in there for 1 to 2 days this will help absorb the moisture, this should fix it if the water did not damage the circut boards if the water damaged the circut boards then the device is fried
Remove the back cover and battery. Shake any excess water out of unit. If you can dis-assemble then do it and let it air dry for a day or two. If you cannot dis-assemble it then try and use a hair dryer on it to completely dry it out. I have had a couple of cell phones that got submerged in water and once they were COMPLETELY dried out they worked again.
Juice on keyboard ?? Disconnect ALL power immediately!! Then, remove keyboard, run under quite hot tap water, then immediatey submerge keyboard in isopropyl alcohol in a shallow tray, place in a beach towel & with washing machine water OFF, spin the unit in towel, allow 24 hrs to dry in sun, reinstall. It works.... If LAPTOP got drenched, stand on side, with screen open, dry thoroughly 2 days, pray a lot,
If the phone was still on while it got submerged, then you may be out of luck. Had it been off when it was submerged, using the rice trick might have worked. I would try removing the battery, and drying it out some more, but the damage may have already been done. Sorry!