- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you cannot access the machine after if has been powered up, it is still possible to get past the BIOS password. The BIOS password is stored in CMOS memory that is maintained while the PC is powered off by a small battery, which is attached to the motherboard. If you remove this battery, all CMOS information (including the BIOS password) will be lost. You will need to re-enter the correct CMOS setup information to use the machine. The machines owner or user will most likely be alarmed when it is discovered that the BIOS password has been deleted.
What changed? Try resetting your BIOS to Bare. You will then have to reset time and date. As far as safe mode goes, replace component after component until you get to the one causing the trouble. You may have some CPU parameters wrong. Did you change that recently?
You have 4 slots, capable of handling 4GB of memory but CAUTION: most machines come installed with 32 bit Windows OS. To maximize memory you must have 64 bit Windows OS. With 32 bit system, its probable that 1GB will be all your machine will handle.
What OS are you using? XP or Vista?
if its XP, go to: START>>>>ACCESSORIES>>>>STSTEM TOOLS>>>>>SYSTEM RESTORE.
set the restore dat to when it worked right.
let me know if this works.
Perform a system recovery: Does not come with recovery cd's - there is a program that allows you to burn the disks or
1. If in Windows - Start - Programs - Acer empowering technology - Acer E-recovery management -
click on Restore at bottom then "Restore to factory default settings"
2. Or click on Burn disks instead of restore
3. if unable to ge into Windows then Alt/F10 during boot right after Acer splash screen on startup End User Technical Support and Service (USA only) For end user technical support, spare parts and service: 1.800.816.2237