Likely, the issue you may be having is a driver problem.
First step I would do is check with visioneer to see if your scanner model is compatible with your operating system, your scanner may not work under the latest operating system.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello ! I have the correct driver for the Visioneer 5300 / 7600 USB scanner. It will work with Windows XP and Vista. I can provide you a copy with complete installation instructions. Please e-mail me at: [email protected] , Subj: 7600 driver.
Hi! I have the correct driver for the Visioner 5300 / 7600 that will work with Windows XP and Vista. I can provide you a copy with complete instructions for installation. Please e-mail me at: [email protected]. Subj: 7600 driver.
3. Install the drivers. Nothing will work... yet, don't worry.
4. Now plug in your 8100. You'll get a message saying that Vista wants to find drivers. Select "Ask Me Later" or just cancel.
5. Next, open up Control Panel and then Device Manager. Find your 8100
in there (probably listed as "Unknown Device") and then right click on
it and say "Update Driver Software". Now click "Browse My Computer For
Driver Software" then "Let Me Pick From A List Of Device Drivers On My
6. Scroll down to "IMAGING DEVICES" then find Visioneer, then you
should see the "Visioneer 9420" driver. Select it. You'll get a
warning from Vista, but continue anyways. That's it... everything