I think my account has been hacked and need to change my password
* Were you 'Notified' of the 'Hack'. Many are fake notices to entice you to click on "their" link. DON'T! They will see your computer link and seize your account(s) information on everything!
* To be safe contact your account directly. (If it's a bank then call the bank, etc.)
* Call (with phone) to contact support. They can help you reset.
* Go directly to your account and log in as normal. Change the password.
* If you can't get into your account then click on "forgot password?" follow instructions.
* Most accounts are linked to your phone or email. There should be a notification (from the account) about a password change or account activity notification. If you did not change or make a transaction then CALL immediately to look into the changes.
* Suggest upgrading your security on important accounts (like banking) Many now use a double log in procedure. IE confirming with an email or text message to your (previously listed) phone.
* Note; Really check if your on the correct web site. Last year I got a notice from a bank but noted the ".com" was ".net" which was different from my Official web site. Call the bank (they didn't send the notice and called security to check into it.)
* Be safe and change your password (using the correct web site.)