Question about Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Emerson MW 8115SS

New Microweave < 6 Months Old. Came to work, Microwave has NO power at all. Changed outlet..still now power. It's dead. I don't see a fuse box or reset button. what do I do? Thank You....

Posted by on

  • 2 more comments 
  • davidovich Nov 18, 2007

    still cant find where the fuse is located. Is it necessary to unscrew and remove the outer metal covering?

  • Terrie f Dec 05, 2007

    I am unable to locate the fuse. I tried taking off the cover but there are two screws that will not come off. Is there another way to get to the fuse?

  • Anonymous Dec 27, 2007

    I have the same problem right out of the box with the mwg9111sl the microwave oven and grill. I can't even say how upset I am with this company...

  • Anonymous Jan 12, 2009

    Same Problem...Just woke up and it had no power...

×

Ad

1 Answer

There is a 20 amp replaceable fuse inside the cabinet next to the power cord

Posted on Sep 08, 2007

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

Anonymous

SOURCE:

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

There are condensation, water drips between the glass on the door of my over the counter microwave/convection oven. Is this a problem? How can I clean this? Microwave is only 6 months old.


HELLO.

Yes.Water can only drip between the glass on the door when the door do not seal properly due to dirt on the microwave door.follow these steps given below to clean the door.

1. Unplug the microwave from the electrical outlet to prevent electrocution. Place the microwave in a well-lit area to be able to locate the fuse.

2. Use a screwdriver to remove the outer cabinet of the microwave, and follow the power cord to the fuse. The fuse is located 2 to 3 inches within the microwave and is attached to the power board.

3. Observe the fuse to determine if it is blown. Blown glass fuses will produce burn marks on nearby surfaces, or the internal fuse wire will be black and melted, while ceramic fuses show no outward appearance of being blown.

4. Determine if a ceramic fuse is blown by testing it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is not blown. Other readings on the ohmmeter show that your fuse is blown.

5. Replace the blown fuse by popping it out of its holder, and snapping a new fuse in its place. Tighten the fuse clips by squeezing them together with your fingers.

6. Replace the outer cabinet of the microwave, and plug the microwave back into the electrical outlet. Test the microwave to see if it's working properly.

Thanks.

Sep 17, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE JNM1851DM. only 6 months old and it is dead. Worked fine and then all of a sudden stopped working. The wall outlet has power so I know it is not a breaker in the house. Nothing works on the micro. ...


Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} Hi,

Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips

heatman101

Sep 09, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No lights - no power - DEAD! Worked fine an hour earlier now ... nothing. Check fuse in mains box - all OK - tried it plugged into another outlet... nothing.


Your unit is dead, mains are good, tried in other receptacles, still no power. You have a bad fuse inside the unit. Unplug. Remove the cover. Generally this requires removing all the screws on the back perimeter and lifting the cover up. Sometimes they stick due to old grease, etc. Somewhere in the area of where the power cord comes in or near the transformer there should be a small fuse in a holder. It is not a glass fuse and should be replaced with the same kind (ceramic) and value. This is important for future protection. You can get the fuse at www.mcmelectronics.com . Get a box of five for future problems. If this was the only problem your microwave should work. If it blows the new fuse you could have a shorted power transformer, bad high voltage diode, or a bad magnatron in that order. There could also be a short in the board with the display but that would be unusual. Let me know if you need anymore helpl

hardrocko

Thanks for using FixYa

Feb 26, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Amana microwave oven has no power.working outlet


Remove the cover and find the fuse that is on the floor of the device near where the cord comes in.

Thanks for your interest in FixYa.com

Jan 22, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No power to microwave all ready checked fuse box and ok , changed microwave fuse ,and still no power and solutions it a whirlpool


the circuitry has probably gone bad, try plugging it into a different electrical outlet, but if that doesnt work, its probably dead. and it will be cheaper for you to replace than have serviced, unless its still under a warranty

Jan 15, 2010 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave is dead. Power at outlet but nothing works. Microwave is 3 months old.


take it back under guarantee, sounds like internal fuse may have blown
(never blows unless somthing serious is wrong)

Oct 18, 2009 | Maytag Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Model jvm131h002 Stopped working. no power or


yes, at the back of the microwave there are 4 or 6 screws, take them out and then pull the cover follow the cable( the one you connect to the outlet) going to the inside of the microwave inside you will see the fuse change it with the same size, it is a slow burn fuse

Aug 04, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave has no power


HELLO I BELEIVE THAT YOU HAVE A BLOWN FUSE, OPEN THE MICROWAVE AND LOOK FOR A WHITE FUSE, NORMALLY IS ABOUT 250V/15A TRY TO GET THE SAME ONE AT RADIO SHACK

GOOD LUCK

[email protected]

Oct 20, 2008 | Kenmore 80809 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

RCA Microwave stopped working


it probably just died they do that sometimes. you could take it back to the store you bought it, contact RCA or just throw it out and replace it with another.

Jan 26, 2008 | RCA RMW729 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave dead


First, there is an outlet. Plug in something else. Inside the key panel, there are fuses and a thermo sensor. Either may be bad. The thermosensor is about the diameter of a dime, black and 3/8 inch thick...attached to the wall of the chamber. All should have continuity.

Dec 20, 2007 | Whirlpool GH7155XHS Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

306 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Emerson Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9179 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1691 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6073 Answers

Are you an Emerson Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...