K so i have dropped my phone in the hot tub, and aired it out and got my phone to work. everything works besides getting service so i can't make calls or recieve nething. If you know how to fix this help me please
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: No Service... water damage
The best thing to try is to open the phone with torque 6 screwdrivers and to air it with an airblaster that you can get at any local electronics store.
Other than that, something could have shorted out when it dropped in water.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try this :
Bring a hair dryer ,then remove your battery and sim card,then turn the hair dryer on (the hot air)
make the hair dryer focus on the phone from the battery side becuase there are some holes wich the
hot air can get inside the mobile and dry the mobile hard ware.
Make the hair dryer focus on the mobile for 5 minutes but be careful and make a distance between
the hair dryer and between the mobile to avoid damage the plastic mobile case becuase of hot air.
After five minutes turn the hair dryer off and wait until the mobile gets cold,then turn it on
This way is effective 50% to 90 %
If your mobile worked that means congratulations.
If it worked but not 100% that means there is improvement and keep drying it by the hair dryer as
i explained before,,,every dry for 5 minutes only.
But if it doesnt work at all ...that means your mobile needs a hardware repair and you have to send
it to a mobile repair store.
There is probably corrosion due to the liquid damage on the circuit board. You can try cleaning it with an old toothbrush and some denatured alcohol. If that doesn't work, then it probably shorted out the RF ic. This would have to be replace by your local repair shop.
Yikes, try the old standby- remove the battery, sim card, memory card, and get out a hair dryer. Set it on low and carefully blow warm air into every nook and cranny of the phone for about 5 mins. Then blowit on everything else as well- attery, sim. memory card. Placed everything on a towel for 48 hours or so, pray a lot, and 2 days later put everything back together. Change up the battery to the max, before you turn it on for the first time, and pray one more time. If you're lucky everything should have dried out nicely, and the phone will work. Do not under any circumstances try to turn on the phone unless it is thoroughly dried out, because water and electricity just don't mix.
you will have to get a new phone. the sea water inside your phone will corrode and damage everything. you can try placing the phone in a baggie with uncooked white rice and seal it for about a week, then replace the battery with a new one and see if it works. thats your only option besides getting a new phone.
u can try to dry these phones off with cool air (npot hot) and all the rest, but if water molecules remain it may work for a biot n then corrode and not work again. try it though, but its often in vain.
you don't need to actually drop your phone in water for there to be water damage.
simple things like having your phone in the rain, in the bathroom while you shower, around a hot tub, or possibly even if it's really humid outside can set this water damage sensor off.
it just gives phone companies more ways to void your warranty.
PLS....remember that when you phone is dropped in water , you should never turn the phone on......it could cause more damaged to the main-board...
take the phone to a professional mobile service center or mobile tech and have the phone fully service.
It sounds like like the phone's microphone isn't working. That's why the other party can't hear you. Your ear piece is working because you say you can hear the other party.
What makes you believe that the battery isn't charging? Batteries will get warm when they are charged. This is normal. However, you say "hot". How hot is "hot"? Can you keep your hand and fingers on it without discomfort?
I don't believe you can plug the battery in backwards. That would cause the battery to get hot if the + and - were swapped. The battery connector is polarized to prevent that from happening.
There still may be water in the micophone and the phone that you can't see. I would find a way to make sure its really dried out.
The best way would be to take the handset apart but that isn't always easy to do for most people. However it would give you a chance to inspect the microphone.
You might try placing it in front of a hot air register that is putting out warm air from your furnace. Remove the battery & battery cover so that the warm air can get into the inside.
The microphone have have been damaged from the exposure to water.