Started a load of sheets then after 20 minutes or so the washer stops and starts flashing the (Ld) code and won't respond to anything. So I unplugged it and tryed again.
A little water goes in but won't drain.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Ld code flashing
"Ld" is a "Long Drain" error. This is an indication that you have a clog somewhere in the drainage system. The Oasis is notorious for this problem and it is usually in the drain valve between the wash basket and outer tub. In order to access this area you will need to follow these steps.
1. Unplug washer.
2. Lift washer top by inserting a putty knife along the front seam where the top meets the front casing. There are two retaining clips that you need to push in on while lifting at the same time. Lean the top back and support it against the wall.
3. Remove the wash tub balance ring. This is a donut shaped ring on top of the wash tub. There is a release tab along each side of the tub. The ring should lift out. This is filled with fluid, so it is normal to hear liquid splashing around inside it.
4. Remove the wash plate by first removing the cone from the center to reveal the bolts underneath. Once you remove the bolts you will be able to see through the wash basket into the drain line area in the back of the wash tub. Things like lint and under wire bra hoops get caught in this area and will not allow the ball valves to function correctly. You can fish out anything in this area by using a coat hanger and a flashlight.
Remember how the wash plate goes back on. There is a keyed slot and it only goes back on one way.
Another possibility is the drain pump itself. You will need to remove the drain hoses and check them for clogs. Also look at the impeller of the pump. You can see the pump and into the drain valve system by removing the panel off the back of the washer and look at the square plastic assembly on the bottom of the wash tub. This is the drain valve. You cannot open it and, if it is clogged, you must clear it out by either removing the connection from the drain pump and/or the procedure I mentioned above. Good luck to and I hope this may help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
LD = Long Drain
"Ld" flashes if it takes longer than 5 minutes to pump out water to a point where the operating
pressure switch resets.
Press STOP/CANCEL to clear the display
I don't see an CO error.
Here is a complete service manual for your washer. I am sure it will come in handy in the future.
Look on page 46 for a list of the error codes.
Does the pump keep running and then shut off first if so you can try this .It is not the proper way but sometimes you have to wait for the machine to go into the spin drain cycle and tilt it gently a few times like an old pinball machine. I sometimes have to do that. but I want you to know it is not the best for the machine you could break something else while doing this
take off the panel below the door three screws and look for the tech sheet located on the right side. It will coach yoou thru the codes and common problems. Sounds like it may be the door swithch does it lock when you push the start? If not the door switch my guess would be a machine control. 877-262-1479 parts.
looking at the tech sheet for this, it appears to be a standard whirlpool top load but with electronic controls, correct? normalling with this type a lid switch is the issue but the electronics would have a different code for this, LD is Long Drain for this model. suspect a transmission but this should help you troubleshoot. go to www.servicematters.com and click technical reference - tech library - tech sheets, enter model minus 110.prefix. this will show tech sheet with diagnostics. this book can also be found inside your console.
If you open the top of the washer , there is a "tech" sheet in there to tell you how to reset the error codes.
My washer started this. Then stopped spinning. Now it will not even wash a load. It stops mid-cycle. The ER 20 means that something is not draining right. We checked all of the tubes leading to the pump. Nothing was clogged. The technition seems to think it is a motor controller error.