It appears a lock on the top left corner of the screen. (power on password)
any one who could help please!
i took off the battery + the back up battery
switched on again waited for some minutes and nothing happened
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can remove the lock screen but your storage will be totally erased. This feature is enabled only for security purpose.
Step 1 Flip your HTC Evo over, and pull the rear cover off of the device. Lift the battery out of its recess, and wait for about five seconds. Return the battery to the HTC Evo, and replace the battery cover. Step 2 Hold down the "Volume Down" button on the Evo's left edge. Press and release the "Power" button. Instead of the standard power-up and lock screen, a new menu will appear on the LCD. Step 3 Release the "Volume Down" button after the menu appears on the screen, then tap the "Volume Down" button twice to highlight the "Clear Storage" option. Step 4 Press the "Power" button to choose "Clear Storage." Press the "Volume Up" button to confirm that you want to erase everything on the Evo. After a few moments, the Evo will reset itself and the screen lock will be gone.
For IBM/Lenovo Password there is solution for all IBM/Lenovo laptop
check this site... http://ja.axxs.net/a2_series.htm u need to buy this device Key maker pro...
there is one more way to break password for many laptop ..u need to make com port or printer port and there is software for it ...
check this site http://www.lancos.com/prog.html
The Thinkpad is locked with a Power On Password and its purpose is to prevent unauthorized access to the laptop..
This password is set from the BIOS configuration.
Removing the BIOS battery to set the BIOS back to the factory default will not remove the password because it is stored on an EEPROM chip on the motherboard.
There is a way to remove this password, but it requires electronic knowledge and soldering skills. Please click on this link and follow my instructions. http://www.fixya.com/support/r4335050-remove_bios_power_password_thinkpad
To Recover your system from within Windows
1. Click on Start, then All Programs, then Acer Empowering Technology. 2. Click on Acer eRecovery Management. 3. If prompted to create a password, create the password and hint Do not lose this password. If asked for a password, enter the previously set password. 4. When the Acer eRecovery Management loads click the button labeled Restore. 5. Click on Restore system to factory default. 6. The unit will restart and start the restore. It should state "Please wait a moment..." with the Acer logo in the upper left hand corner. 7. At the eRecovery Management menu it will ask you how to restore. Click on the restore option you would like to use.
To recover your system from bootup
1. Locate the Alt key, to the left of the space bar, and F10, on the top row of keys. 2. Power the system on. 3. When the system is powered on, tap the Alt and F10 keys together at the same time when the Acer splash screen appears. It should state "Please wait a moment..." with the Acer logo in the upper left hand corner. 4. At the eRecovery Management menu it will ask you how to restore. 5. Click on the restore option you would like to use.
If you press Ctrl + Alt + del, does it bring up an unlock screen where you can enter your password? If not, can you press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to shut it down? Then power back on to restart.
you can try a hard reset(hold the 2 corner buttons down then using stylus insert in the small hole on the back for soft reset) this will restore factory settings. if you have sync folder on your computer you should be able to retreive contacts, pics, etc. hope this helps.
Entering the System Setup Program
1 Turn on (or restart) your computer.
2 When the DELL™ logo appears, press <F2> immediately.
3 If you wait too long and the operating system logo appears, continue to
wait until you see the Microsoft® Windows® desktop. Then, shut down
your computer and try again
On each screen, the system setup options are listed at the left. To the right of
each option is the setting or value for that option.
You can change settings that appear as white type on the screen. Options or
values that you cannot change (because they are determined by the
computer) appear less bright.
The upper-right corner of the screen displays help information for the
currently highlighted option. The lower-right corner displays information
about the computer. System setup key functions are listed across the bottom
of the screen.
The system setup screens display the current setup information and settings
for your computer, such as:
• System configuration
• Boot order
• Boot (start-up) configuration
• Basic device configuration settings
• System security and hard drive password settings
the password is under System security
this is n othing but your boot password...........try any of your password you would have mistakenly type or only one alternative is left if oyur lapyop motherboard is having a flat battery if this is removed and placed again the boot password will be diable........hope this will halp you...............sameeraryan
that is a BIOS power on password. If you have the password then start up the laptop and press f1 to get to the bios. It will prompt you for the password type it in then you will gain access to the bios. In the bios go into security then password then power on password. type in the old password then leave the next 2 spots blank and that will clear the password. If you do not have the password then I would suggest asking whomever you got the laptop from and ask them for it. if that is not a possibility then look for a copy of Hiram's boot disk and use that to hack it.