Question about Zenith ZN-501S Remote Control
Usually, on a modern set, you hook the cable directly to the TV, go into the menu and perform the AUTOPROGRAM. That's it!
Posted on Aug 18, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2011 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-36FS320 36" TV
press and hold the POWER button
on the TV control panel for 5 or more seconds to reset the TV.
Then connect the TV tt any source like outdoor areiel or cable box etc, select the appropriate input, and retune the TV. First of all, connect it to an external antenna, and set it to autotune.
• You must configure the ANT/CABLE input source before
programming channels (-left-hand column).
• If the ANT/CABLE input signal type is set to Cable, the
automatic channel programming process erases channels
that were previously programmed into the TV's memory.
• If the ANT/CABLE input signal type is set to Antenna, the
automatic channel programming process adds newly found
channels to the existing set of programmed channels (and
does NOT erase channels that were previously
programmed into the TV's memory.) To remove an Antenna
source channel from the memory, you must manually delete
• To tune the TV to a channel not programmed in the channel
memory, you must use the Channel Number buttons on the
• Programming channels when the ANT/CABLE input is
configured for Cable will take substantially longer than when
the antenna input is configured for Antenna. This is normal;
however, once channel programming is finished, you should
not have to repeat the programming process again unless
your Cable TV service lineup changes significantly.
Find out the received channels are clear or not. If they are clear, your TV is perfect, and the input device you connects ot the TV is faulty. OK.
Feb 16, 2011 | Toshiba REGZA 42 in. Flat-Panel LCD HDTV
Programming channels automatically
Your TV can automatically detect all active channels and store them in
its memory. After the TV has stored the channels in its memory automatically,
you can add or erase channels manually.
To add channels automatically:
1. Press MENU, then press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to display the SETUP menu.
2. Press "Up arrow"or "down arrow" until the TV/CABLE
selection is highlighted.
3. Press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to highlight either
TV or CABLE, depending on which you use.
If you use an antenna, choose TV.
If you use cable, choose CABLE.
4. Press "down arrow" button until the CH PROGRAM selection is highlighted.
5. Press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to start channel programming. The TV will automatically
cycle through all the TV or Cable channels (depending on which you
selected), and store all active channels in the channel memory.
While the TV is cycling through the channels, the message
"PROGRAMMING NOW-PLEASE WAIT" appears.
6. When channel programming is complete, the message "COMPLETED"
7. Press CH UP or DOWN button to view the programmed channels.
Dec 14, 2010 | Toshiba 26HF85 26" TV
May 26, 2010 | Vizio L37 Television
Jan 03, 2010 | Toshiba 27AF44 27" TV
Jan 17, 2009 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-24FS120 24" TV
Dec 01, 2008 | Proscan PS32500 32" TV
Jan 28, 2008 | JVC AV-27D202 27" TV
Oct 21, 2006 | RCA F32632SB 32" TV
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!