We recently taken over another office's fax machine but did not get the manual. When we send out a fax it still shows the old office's address info and we want to change it to ours.....any help out there ?
Lift the panels on the keyboard. press data registration and press set. press set again and use the down key to scroll user name and set and press the clear button and you can enter the new name by using the numericals keys corresponding on the alphabet like your cell phone. when finished press set and press the down arrow to tel number and press set. press clear and enter your fax number. and press set when finished and press stop.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are many things that can interfere with proper sending of faxes. Has anything changed in your office recently? Phones changed? Did you recently get DSL service from your phone provider? If so, you probably need a DSL filter on the line going to your fax machine. Try faxing to different faxes to make sure that it is not the person you are sending to that has the problem. If you are using Voice Over IP or VOIP phone, good luck, as older fax modems do not always play nice and you will likley need to speak with your VOIP provider to ensure they have their lines configured. If nothing has changed in your office then perhaps your modem has just failed, it does happen. A new cord between the jack and the machine is a a cheap test as well. If you have a telephone, unplug the fax and plug in the phone and see if you can make a call.
initially you have to check and correct this few settings.
To receive a fax manually
1. Make sure the device is turned on and you have paper loaded in the main tray.
2. Remove any originals from the document feeder tray.
3. Set the Rings to Answer setting to a high number to allow you to answer the incoming call before the device answers. Or, turn off the Auto Answer setting so that the device does not automatically answer incoming calls.
4. If you are currently on the phone with the sender, instruct the sender to press Start on their fax machine.
5. When you hear fax tones from a sending fax machine, do the following:
a. Press the left arrow or the right arrow to select Fax B&W or Color fax. b. Press Start. c. After the device begins to receive the fax, you can hang up the phone orremain on the line. The phone line is silent during fax transmission.
This is a descriptive title that identifies the sender -- usually the location of your fax machine or the name of your company or office. It is printed at the top of every fax you send. You can enter up to 32 characters. The first 16 characters will also be used as your Personal ID, which may appear on the displays or reports of other fax machines you are communicating with
Setting the TSI/CSI and Sender ID1 Press Menu/Exit to enter the menu. 2 Input speed access number 02.
3 Input up to 20 numbers and characters (0-9/Hyphen/ Space/+), press Enter.4 Press Menu/Exit.