My coby 828 mp3 won't list the songs or artists in alphabetical order, how can i get them in alphabetical order?
I don't know your mp3 player specifically, but it's a common issue with the cheaper players that they only display music in alphabetical order of the filename; and to make matters worse, the filename used is the "8.3 filename" (see wikipedia) rather than the long filename.
To establish if this is the case with your player, get a small selection of tracks and name them 001, 002, etc. (preserve the extension, whatever it is), copy them to the player and see if they play in the order of the numbers.
If you find that this technique works to allow you to control the order of play, you will want a more convenient way to manage a larger number of songs. I suggest using a free program called "MRename" by rajko (google for "rajko mrename"). Install this program.
1. To simplify things, copy the songs you want to a special folder for the purpose, because you're going to mess with the filenames.
2. Select all the songs, right click, and choose "MRename --recursion:OFF".
3. Use a select mask of *1 which will select all of them.
4. Use a rename mask of \N301.mp3 (replace 'mp3' if appropriate). This creates names of "N"umbers, "3" digits, with leading "0"s, starting from "1", and adds ".mp3" at the end as a literal.
5. At this point, you can actually move your tracks around in the renaming program... this is where you choose your play order! When you're happy, click "rename all" and it will be done.
6. Copy the tracks to the player, ensuring that they're the only ones on there, and they should play in the order you wanted.