We had a fire outside of our house that severed the electrical line. Ever since that, the TV does not turn on. That had happened before with a power outage whole TV needed to be replaced. What can I do. Is it fried
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
What won't turn on? If the entire house lost electricity, that means that either the main electric line was severed or the main breaker in your panel was tripped. I suspect the latter. Go to your main electrical panel, open the door and look at the top of the panel. There should be one large breaker marked either 100 125 150 or 200 A. This is your main breaker. Turn it off and turn it on.
If you don't know where your electrical panel is, go outside and look to see where the electric wire comes from the pole to your house. There will be a meter pan here with a glass housing on it. Your panel is almost always directly opposite of that meter inside your house so figure out what room that aligns with and that's where your panel is. I hope this helps.
what you want to do is manually sever the line of the condenser going to the main line so that you wont have to turn the whole house down. you may want also to have an electrician do that for you..safety reasons...
When thats done, you can either have the fridge serviced because you have to replace the broken part and have it also cleaned.
There are several possibilities. Make certain your fuse at the main electrical box is correct for a 220VAC line. You do not want to OVER POWER the range. If that is normal, check all cords for insulation and flexibility. Check thermostat controls on the burners and/or oven.
If parts are normal, the only thing you can do is manually set temps lower when using the oven. Glass tops generally stay hot for several minutes after they are turned off. That is Normal, for example, to avoid Glass from fracturing; temperature slowly declines. Lastly; if all is lost, call for a serviceman to check it out, as you do not want a house fire.
You had a refrigerant release. Probably two lines rubbing together in the outside unit. I have repaired several of these with this problem. It involves repairing the lines by silver soldering then pulling a vacuum/ purging with nitrogen and installing a filter dryer and recharging system. Several hours work, and you must have a licensed tech do this as refrigerants are involved. Luckily you were able to shut it down quickly (this helps).
Not for sure what you have, but if you just purchased the house, there might be air in the gas lines. If it sat vacant and the gas was off, or if they has swapped meters/worked on gas lines? Try cycling the fireplace several times. Or look around for a small door opening or if it's mounted to the exterior wall, look outside for the supply line in. If you do find a valve in the closed position, be aware of the fact that it may be off due to a reason, and you may want a plumber/fire place tech to service it.
Its never a good idea to leave a clothes dryer unattended. They are often a source of house fires. Is it a gas dryer? Maybe a gas leak, do not use until checked by a qualified person. If electric tumble dryer, then maybe the smell was caused by some lint collected around the heater element, and it eventually scorches and stinks like that. Either way,get it checked by a profession qualified person, don't risk a fire in your house! Hope this helps, good luck.
Try hooking it up to another (working) electrical outlet. If that doesn't work, there's several possible problems.
The most likely is that the box was fried when a larger-than-usual current traveled down the line (or even down the coax if lightning struck and your system isn't adequately grounded); the electrical outlet is either pushing too much or too little power; or your house's ground polarity is reversed.
More than likely your box is bad. If you don't know very much about electrical systems, don't go messing with your ground or any outlets without a wall plate.
Lightening may have caused a surge on your power lines to the house and to the outlet the TV was on. Do other things work on that outlet? If not you tripped a power breaker.If they do work check this. Unplug the TV for 2 min or more and plug back in. Try bypassing your surge protector you had it plugged into. It could have died when the lightening struck. (no surge protector?) Bet you'll buy one for your next TV. Look for 3000 joules and up rating for a surge protector and insure it has protection for a cable/antenna input too. If this doesn't work the TV may be fried or internal fuse blown. Time to take it to a repair shop or depending on it's age (5 years+) it may be time to buy a new TV and surge protector. Near Lightening strikes can effect appliances from several inputs that could be affected from outside like Power, Cable, Antennas, Phone Lines that come into your house.
There may be a ground loop in your electrical wiring. Try connecting a 3 prong to 2 prong AC adapter between the power cord and the electrical wall outlet. You can find one in any hardware store for around one dollar. This will lift the ground from the TV. If your lines go away you may have an issue with your electrical wiring in the house or on an internal part on one of the components. The least expensive fix is to leave the adapter in place. I hope this helps.