There was a knob type of attachment on the top panel of my fridge (to the right of the knobs are for temp) that attached to the underside of the panel. The attachment has something to do with the EZ Filtration water & ice feature -even though the filter is docked bottom of the unit. The knobs attaches on the under side of the panel below the EZ Filter Indication lights. I removed the attachment and lost it ( to make a long story short) SO What is the attachment for and does it need to be there?
SOURCE: water in bottom of fridge
Thanks to all who spent money or shared their experience to have somebody do this repair, and I really mean it.
I have a Whirlpool TopLoad Fridge (not a side by side).
Things you'll need
Small socket for cardboard panel on lower back and panel inside freezer
1. Take everything out of freezer
2. Turn dials off in fridge for both compartments
3. Pull fridge out so you can get behind it and unplug it
4. Be vigilant of ice maker line if installed
5. Pull cardboard panel off on back
On the left side you should see the back of the skinny drip pan and a small line. That line goes from the freezer and is most likely clogged.
6. Blow dry the back of the freezer enough so the ice is thawed at the bottom of the back panel.
7. Remove the two screws on the back panel. You may just be able to pull it toward you enough to get behind it. You'll see the coils and fan, and underneath these you may see some ice sheets and there should be a hole. That is the drain line that is clogged. I heated up some water and poured it over the drain to thaw the line. You may want to remove the crisper drawers and put some towels down there to catch the overflow. Once the ice is thawed enough at the drain. Go to the back of the fridge and place the end of the bicycle pump at the bottom of the drain hose. Apply pressure to get a good seal but keep pumping. You may have to go back and forth between pumping and thawing, but you'll know it is clear when you hear air going into the freezer and then the wonderful moment when water drips into the drip pan as advertised!
Keep those fridges less full so that the door stays sealed and keep the seal clean and also keep your doors from having too much stuff so the weight of the door doesn't pull away.
Okay, put it back together, turn everything on and be careful of your cord and lines when pushing the fridge back. Thank the Lord ours has wheels and man,was it cruddy underneath. Vacuum those coils underneath the fridge too for proper air circulation.
Blessings to you!
SOURCE: ice machine isn't working
Two things come to mind.
First, the water valve at the bottom rear of the refrigerator may have failed. You didn't mention if there is a water dispenser and whether or not this is still working. This valve pumps water to the icemaker and water dispenser when the control unit of the icemaker calls for water. Also, there could be a blockage in the line which brings the water to the icemaker.
The other possibility is that the part of the icemaker controls which calls for water from the valve has failed. If this has happened, it would likely be more cost effective to replace the icemaker unit.
Testimonial: "Thanks for the advice! I have a service person coming out on Thursday to take a closer look at the ice maker."
Usually answered in minutes!