this is how to do it READ EVERYTHING DONT SKIP THING
Switch your Sansa E260 to its Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the E260 LCD screen
displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode"
5. Connect your E260 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System
requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa E260 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the E260 (your player should be connected to your PC
at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa E260 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop
Double left-click on the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen prompts. The file will automatically re-flash your player and format it as well, thereby clearing all possible file/system corruptions that may have occurred.
When the process is complete, unplug your E260 from your computer, and please make sure you disable the "Hold" switch
Power up your E260 and 90-99% of the time, it would boot up successfully.
Enjoy using your Sansa E260, just like I do. (I love this player)
sorry for so much writing it pays off read this to
) Unzip the downloaded zip file and extract the file pp5022.mi4
2) On your Rhapsody device, go to "Settings" -> "Mode" then select "Rhapsody"
3) With the data cable, plug the USB connector to the USB port on the PC, verify “Connected” is shown on the e200R display
4)On the PC, Check for device “Sansa e200 (E:)” under My Computer. NOTE:
the actual drive letter might be different
5) Drag and Drop pp5022.mi4 from your PC to the root folder of E: drive. NOTE:
Do NOT drop it to “Sansa e200R Rhapsody” device which is the MicroSD card slot
6) Unplug your Rhapsody device.
7) Your Rhapsody device will restart and perform a firmware upgrade and restart again.
When done, go to main menu “Settings” -> “Info” and verify the current version number.